Brondell Swash 1400 Luxury Bidet Seat

Brondell Swash 1400 Luxury Bidet Seat

I’m not ashamed to say, once I tried a bidet, I never wanted to go back. This one seems like a Legit deal.

The woman of the house loves hers not only because it’s a much nicer experience, but it also cleans everything with nice clean warm water.

This is electronic heating, so you should have a GFCI source nearby to plug into.

1 Like

I have a $50 non-electric bidet attachment that supplies hot water via a line from under the sink that I got here and it’s great. I’ve used something similar to this at a chinese restaurant next door to an old office of mine, can’t say it was $300 better, or even $100 better.

Bidet of any type FTW though. So nice.

1 Like

Not against the Bidet… but anyone spending $360 on a toilet seat has some serious FU money.

2 Likes

I couldn’t disagree more. You’ll use the bidet everyday, sometimes more than once a day, so if you count how much it costs per use over its, or your, lifetime, it is minimal. You’ll use a ton less toilet paper too. It is also better for the environment as you’re not flushing paper down the sewer line. You can’t beat that just showered feeling for your bottom.

1 Like

I bought one of these (Brondell 1400) a couple of months ago, the last time it was offered, & it is just great! I cannot say enough positive about it. I had originally purchased it cause I am planning on having shoulder surgery on my right side and since I am right handed, who’s gonna wipe my butt after the surgery.? This bidet seat solves that problem.
My only concern is the long term effect mineral deposits from the hard water here might have. And, if you have a Toto Carlyle 1 toilet, installation might be tricky.

2 Likes

We’ve had this exact model for about 6 months now. There are definitely features we don’t use (the blow drier, the “deodorizer,” the “wide spray,” etc.) so it’s possible a cheaper one would have sufficed.

But we make daily use of a bunch of the features:

• Rear wash: works great for me.
  • Front wash: Mrsmicah says the rear wash function doesn’t hit her in the right spot, but she uses the front wash function as a rear wash so I’m glad this seat has that flexibility even if we don’t use it as intended.
  • Presets: Mrsmicah and I have quite different preferences for water temperature and strength, so it’s great having the presets where you can hit just two buttons and after 3-4 seconds of warmup time it hits us in the right spot with the right strength and temperature.
  • Remote: I definitely appreciate being able to place the remote somewhere convenient (we have a little ledge above our toilet paper dispenser) instead of twisting around.
  • Toilet bowl LED: Having our toilet bowl lit up with a blue LED is a little cheesy (it can be disabled if you hate it–otherwise it’s on all the time, even when the lid is closed), but it’s actually quite nice if I wake up in the middle of the night and want to pee without turning on the lights.
  • Sittable lid: Other brands (like Toto) say you shouldn’t sit on the seat lid when it’s closed as you might break it, but Brondell approves sitting on this one. I’d hate to give up the ability to sit on the toilet when getting ready in the morning.

Note that you do need a GFCI outlet to plug it in.

My only complaint is that because of all the electronics/mechanical parts in the back of the device, you end up sitting a little farther forward on this seat than you would on a standard toilet seat. We are using the elongated model on an elongated Toto Aquia wall-mounted bowl, and the outer edges line up perfectly, but because of that forward seating position I find some of the solid material we deposit into the bowl doesn’t fall into the water but falls an inch or so in front of the water and tends to stick to the dry toilet bowl even after a flush. I suspect that a “pre-misting” feature like on some of the Toto brand bidets might alleviate this problem, and that’s the one missing feature I wish this seat had.

But all in all we are quite happy.

2 Likes

I got this, the elongated one, a few months back when it was on Woot.
I love it. It does have about half a second of initial cold splash but then is warm.
The pressure seems good, it seems to know right where to hit.
It does raise the back of the seat a little, but I think it actually helps you release a cleaner and quicker bm.
My housemate hates that it reduces the hole size of the toilet.
It was very easy to install. I put a ion filter in the line going to the bidet because it does heat the water and wanted to prevent minerals from building up to the heating tank.

I could not recommend this model more.

1 Like

I guess this is a work-around for people who don’t have enough room in the bathroom, but it’s not a bidet. It’s a gadget. It costs almost as much as a real bidet, and I suspect that real bidets last for decades, whereas this product will almost certainly not.

Who wouldn’t have room for a second toilet fixture in their bath, with associated plumbing. yeah that sounds like a much better idea than a bidet attachment.

will replace my biobidet (also purchased from woot) for this Brondell. New bathroom, new toilet, new bidet seat!
Bidets= Best woots in history.

Wait, why ISN’T this in “T&G”??

1 Like

How much do you spend on toilet paper for your family per year? How much would this save you? Is still still FU money?

:poop::poop::poop: