First Alert Standard Home Fire Extinguisher (2-Pack)

First Alert Standard Home Fire Extinguisher (2-Pack)

Lowe’s has this same fire extinguisher at a lower price. Woot!, I expect better!

1 Like

Is it a two-pack? I just looked at their site and I only saw a single available. I might have missed something.

I just checked my local Lowe’s. They have this same model (HOME1) on sale for $17.97. I put two in my cart for a total of $35.94 before tax.

1 Like

Lowes doesn’t sell a 2-pack, but they are only $17.97 each, so $35.94 if you want 2 of them.

One thing REALLY worth noting. They only offer in-store pickup or “Truck Delivery” for a shipping option – at $79!

1 Like

I would spend less than $5 in gas driving to/from my local Lowes.

1 Like

Since I use prime for my woot purchases, I’ll order and go out and mow the yard while I wait for it to be delivered LOL…

Ok, now about the produce. Nice device to keep in the garage or bedroom closet in case you need to fight your way out of the house, I keep a couple of very large FE’s in the garage and basement (and a couple cans of foam). But something people don’t think about. Powder extinguishers are not your electronics best friend. You spray off one of these in your home office (lets say your shredder over heats and bursts into flames), everything around where you spray is toast or going to be. I’ve worked around lots of electronic eqp. In the military, on board ships, we had CO2 in radio, CIC and places where it was mostly electronics. If your skillet full of frying chicken starts to burn, spraying one of these will ensure a trip to KFC (providing you still want chicken) and big big mess to clean up. Though they are expensive, I keep a “Amerex B386T, 5lb Halotron” in my kitchen’s pantry (away from anything that would or might be burning lol). Not that I care about the chicken but I’m lazy and don’t want to clean up the mess and replace electroic devices if I don’t have to. But who’s going to drop $200 on a FE. I always say, for your families safety. Don’t SKIMP on fire extinguishers, smoke/Fire/Heat alarms, or carbon Diox alarms. Dry chem is cheap and easy to apply and IT DOES WORK (heck, I’ve put out fuel fires with just water (yep, it can be done)) but it creates a big mess. AFFF (foam) will work too but now many foam FE’s do we see for sale these days? I keep a couple of the these foam extinguishers in my garage too for fuel spills if the need arises. Stay safe!

1 Like

Just bought what appears to be the identical set from Woot 2 weeks ago for $10 more. I think I deserve a $10 credit.

1 Like

From the Feature description:
" The First Alert 1-A:10-B:C Rechargeable Home Fire Extinguisher is ideal for use in any household location designed to fight wood; paper; fabric; flammable liquid and electrical fires. This multi-purpose extinguisher fights wood; paper; fabric; flammable liquid and electrical fires. […]

Ideal for Household Fires
[…] It is designed to fight wood, paper, fabric, flammable liquid, and electrical fires."

This begs the question: Is this fire extinguisher suitable to fight wood, paper, fabric, flammable liquid and electrical fires? I wish they were a little more clear about that.

Got my refund. Thanks, Woot!

1 Like

29.97 at Home Depot

1 Like

Do you have a link? I don’t see any First Alert extinguishers at HD at all.

1 Like