Samsung Gaming Dot 32" Curved LED Monitor

Samsung Gaming Dot 32" Curved LED Monitor

Most complaints are about dead pixels, however I can’t seem to find the refurbished warranty from Samsung.

It’s highly possible you could buy this and have no problems and just be good, but considering this model had a high run of dead pixels, it would be nice to have the details on what’s covered.

I own the 27" model. It’s exactly what it says it is. It also boasts the most impressive response rates in 1440p/120hz over HDMI which works on Xbox one X. You will never get 120 FPS on console, but you will still cut the response rate in half. It’s noticeably smoother than 1080p/60hz on console in first person shooters. Price is steep for a console display. A $150 ASUS gaming monitor is a better buy at 24"-27" for console gaming. For 144hz PC gaming in 1440p this is an awesome buy. Personally 32" is way too big for a gaming monitor. 24"-27" is the magic numbers based on pro player preferences over the decades. 32" has a ton of blind spots.

C32HG70:
Average amazon price: 557.98 new
Lowest amazon price: 439.99 new (11/18/2018)
Price today: 399.99 refurbished (difference to 11/18/2018: refurbish is $40.00 cheaper)

You decide.

While I’m not even vaguely a competitive gamer, I play games on a 32 inch monitor without any problems. I own a lesser curved Samsung and it works great. I like it a lot better than the 27 inch I used to use. It’s really a matter of personal preference.

Now, now, there’s no need to be humble.

I’ll make sure to direct ALL of my questions about competitive gaming equipment to you. :hedgehog:

Without a doubt preference plays a huge role but for me does the fact that 32" has less PPI than the 27". 27" at 1080p looks bad in my opinion but looks great in 1440p. I personally think 32" is when you need to start looking at 4k. Clearly 4k gaming isn’t there, and thus most people aren’t going with 32" displays do to the loss in peripheral vision, less PPI, and noticeable differences between 1440p/4k at 32". a 32" 1440p monitor has the same clarity of a 24" 1080p monitor when it comes to PPI. The 27" having 108 PPI means you are sitting in the sweet spot between detail and size without scaling. 1440p is great for higher refresh rates, thus why people are buying 1440p over 4k. Basic stuff but when you see things side by side it really is night and day.

27" model has 108.79 PPI
32" model has 93.24

Worth noting, distance from the screen will make a huge difference, but I haven’t met many gamers who don’t want their face nearly glued to the screen.

Great idea. I’ll have you competitively gaming in the all-penguin league in no time.

How is text reading?