Motorola Moto G7 Power (GSM Unlocked)(New)

Motorola Moto G7 Power (GSM Unlocked)(New)

What does GSM only mean? The description says it can use LTE.

I got buried yesterday. I am still ignorant. I think it just determines what carriers I can use and has nothing to do with 4G LTE. Does anyone know?

There is 2types of cell towers in the U.S. GSM and CDMA . GSM is used by att, T-Mobile and a few others. CDMA is Sprint , Verizon and a few others. Some phones will work on both some one or the other. Just need to know that your provider and your phone both utilise the same network. I use mint mobile. They use tmobiles towers. GSM. So my phone was ATT gsm that I unlocked to use with it.

1 Like

I think what it means is: the phone hardware supports both GSM (ATT & Tmobile) and CDMA (Verizon & Sprint) network protocols, but only the GSM function is unlocked or use on any network using GSM networks. It’s not clear why the CDMA function would be locked but I wouldn’t count on being able to use it on Sprint, Verizon, or any reseller carrier that operates on those networks.

2 Likes

This listing is very confusing. This appears to be the International version of the Moto G7 power, but there is a lot of conflicting info in the description.

1 Like

Confusing… Does this phone offer 32GB or 64GB internal memory? It’s a 64 Gb in the title by 32 in the description.

1 Like

Hi there. It’s 64GB. Features are being updated.

This is still kind of a mess. Is this truly a XT1955-2? If so, which software channel is it using, LATAM? The features say “This phone is designed to work on select GSM and CDMA networks and is 4G LTE capable.” The title says GSM only. The description states “North American Variant,” but that doesn’t mean it’s on the US retail software channel (NARTL). All of these things are kind of important, and the description should match the title.

3 Likes

Ok, thank you. Let me ask again.

1 Like

I will post what I receive.

Guys is really simple, every carrier works with an specific band, some carriers work with both bands, Im my case in USA i work with AT&T and i use GSM and in Peru i work with Claro that also uses GSM, that means that this phone works for me in the countries I normally travel. You can check your carrier and band in a simple google search.

If this is the international version, how is this a deal? It’s selling for a few pennies cheaper on Amazon :slight_smile: I was hoping this is the US version.

The specifications don’t list the bands? Will this work for 4g LTE on ATT or Cricket wireless?

1 Like

Yep, this works with ATT, but Cricket works on CDMA and this is GSM.

Any update if this is -2?

Also is it dual SIM or not? Features are confusing.

Cricket is own by AT&T since 2014 and has fully converted it’s old CDMA network to GSM [AT&T] in 2015

1 Like

This is an international phone [not the us version] the fact that it’s dual SIM, GSM only is all the proof one needs the North American model is XT1955-5 not the XT1955-2
It will only work on AT&T or T-Mobile [or their MVNO sub carriers] in the US

1 Like

It is a -2 Dual SIM.

1 Like

Correct, it is an international version.

1 Like