Huntspoint Gold Wagyu Brisket - Your Choice

Huntspoint Gold Wagyu Brisket - Your Choice

I’m told it makes excellent beef jerky…

Haha/Jk

Will this come frozen?

I got one a while back. 14-16# range. Was 15.7 pounds so that’s good. After trim it was about 13.5 pounds which while that’s OK for a Walmart brisket thats a whole lot of expensive waste. I have an awesome Rec-Tec pellet smoker and am a semi-pro cooker so I’m comfortable with my skills. It came out nice and tender. Maybe a bit more jelly than a select does. The flavor was nothing to write home about. A smoked brisket is a smoked brisket as far as flavor goes. I can see where competition cookers use these as they are doing hot fast cooks and the extra fat will keep it tender. For those of us that have the time and do low and slow I can get as good results from a select grade and I get those for $30 - $40 at Wally World. So go ahead and treat yourself if you’ve never had Waygu but if you don’t have the skills save your money.

3 Likes

I think they ship Frozen but by the time you get them they’re just about perfect.

If you can get a choice brisket to turn out like this you are an amazing cook! I’ve never had any other brisket turn out or taste like these to do. One reason I check woot everyday is to see if these are available.

1 Like

Looking at this vendor’s previous items and what seem to be shady sales pitch’s, this is a hard pass. I’m frankly surprised that woot is still allowing them to sell here.

1 Like

With Prime brisket available at Costco for less than $4 a pound, I can’t imagine this is 2 or 3 times better. Like already mentioned, cooked slow and low, a Prime (or choice) can turn out VERY well.

1 Like

Idk, let’s ask @Huntspoint.

Yeah right… “American” Wagyu (Wagyu = Japanese Cow… so American Japanese Cows?)… then they even say its Kobe (Kobe city area of Hyōgo prefecture)… that’s nonsense. Reputable ranches at least explain how they breed Japanese cattle with traditional beef cattle. This place could easily just package any brisket they want and feed people the same bs. This is just as shady as Woot’s ‘CoolBaby Family Computer System’ in the electronics section right now.

1 Like

This is what the Huntspoint rep posted in a recent sale for Wagyu Skirt Steak:

1 Like

Wagyu is the breed. Kobe is the region. Only Kobe comes from Japan. Wagyu can come from anywhere.

2 Likes

HI - Yes they do ship frozen.

1 Like

It’s how you cook it and how you choose it in the store. I’m doing a Wally World choice tomorrow. Paid $38 for it. Has a beautiful lean flat and the point has got a good look to it. Visit youtube and look at the videos of everyone from Franklin’s on down as to buy and cook. I’m cooking this one at 300 because I don’t want to do an over niter. If I’m down with it I’ll do 225 and put it on at 1 am. I cook to about 180 and have probes in both ends for an average. I take it out and wrap it in foil, and back on the smoker until 200 then it comes off and I wrap it in a cheap beach towel for a minimum of 4 hours. I usually put in an unheated oven but also a cooler does the trick. At that point it’s get out of the way. And yes I’m a semi-pro cooker.

“Our Wagyu Beef comes from full blood black wagyu bulls, the Japanese breed that elevates beef to luxury, crossed predominantly with Angus cows.”
https://www.huntspoint.com/wagyu-beef-inside-skirt-steak.html

" Those sweet umami flavors are indicative of real Wagyu. From Japanese A5 to domestic-raised purebred and fullblood, you’ll recognize these unique flavors from the very first bite. In contrast, beef from crossbred Wagyu-Angus varieties never have that umami kick. Instead, that beef carries robust Angus flavors. That’s why we say Wagyu-Angus cross are “Angus, elevated” since that beef features elements from each breed but not that signature Wagyu flavor profile."

https://www.crowdcow.com/blog/difference-between-purebred-and-fullblood-wagyu