Roundup Weed and Grass Killer Super Concentrate, 1/2 Gal

Roundup Weed and Grass Killer Super Concentrate, 1/2 Gal

Over 4,000 cancer patients are suing Monsanto in numerous state courts for failure to warn the public about the risk of cancer associated with glyphosate-based weedkiller RoundUp. … The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), part of the WHO, has classified glyphosate as probably carcinogenic in humans

6 Likes

It’s still the best stuff to kill weeds in a driveway or around the house.
Many of the problems are with large farms that sprayed it in huge areas without proper respirators.
Squirt a bit on a weed here & there, you’ll probably survive.

3 Likes

And if not, well, at least you won’t have to deal with weeds anymore.

2 Likes

Dear Woot. Please don’t sell this stuff. Weeds are good.

2 Likes

Nope. Gotta use poison to keep them from growing in places they should not grow.

A recent episode of Skeptoid had some information about Roundup that I hadn’t heard before, including lots of sources: here’s the link.

2 Likes

Roundup kills bugs, plants, bees, humans… not a wise choice for anyone to use and it will have a negative effect on others.

2 Likes

Why are you selling this dangerous poison…this stuff should be banned!!!

3 Likes

Please stop selling this product. This is like promoting cigarettes back in the 30s and 40s when people heard that it may not be healthy but chose to do it anyways and had to live with the consequences of losing digits, voice box, parts of their mouth or nose, our getting lung cancer, and all the other things that we know come from smoking cigarettes. The worst being that habits are passed down to our kids because if mom and dad did it, I could too. The far-reaching consequences of this product go beyond that because it directly impacts the earth, water supply, and pollination for our fruits and vegetables. Please don’t put your heads in the sand box, rip out your weeds if you don’t want them, but please stop poisoning yourselves and everyone else.

3 Likes

I suspect this is the consumer version of Agent Orange. Do the planet a favor. Pull the weeds. Don’t poison the earth.

3 Likes

It does depend on the weed and location, but pouring boiling water on driveway cracks where grass and weeds are found will kill them instantly and make pulling them up a minute or two later, easier and a breeze. A cheap, no pesticide option. Careful with pouring though !

2 Likes

Round-up is one of those products that gets a ton of bad press for garbage reasons. Just because it’s on CNN doesn’t mean it’s true. Check your sources guys.

2 Likes

Yes. You are correct.
The press has blown this way out of proportion…

1 Like

Nope. They grow back.
The same with vinegar & other natural herbicides.
Just mix & use Roundup according to instructions.

2 Likes

nope!

While I won’t say how I feel, I will say that I just saw back to back commercials for a lawsuit about this brand.

:thinking:

Baking soda for weeds in driveway/sidewalk seams. (I buy bulk at Costco and sweep it into the cracks/seams) I even put it in my rock gardens—basic science, it makes the area too base to grow weeds.

I don’t have to worry about handling poison or the wildlife around us. I cannot say that for Roundup.

2 Likes

Vinegar kills them pretty well actually. Just get the strong stuff and make a mixture. Stops them growing.

They’ll probably be back next year or whatever, but I mean, what do you expect. Birds and the wind carry weed spores all over the place.

And on the plus side, you don’t have to support Monsanto, which is destroying farmers everyday anyways with their GMO corn lawsuits. They’re extremely petty. What’s that? A bird dropped some monsanto corn onto your non-monsanto branded field? Welp, guess you’re getting sued, you should have just known not to trust birds. I know it sounds like hyperbole but they really are like that.

3 Likes