De'Longhi 4-in-1 Portable AC 480 Sq Ft

De'Longhi 4-in-1 Portable AC 480 Sq Ft

Anybody bought a refurb De’Longhi?

Funnily enough, I bought one last year and just hooked it up today.

My advice: AVOID. Refurbs don’t come with all the parts, but you won’t know that until you open the box and read the instructions which refer to essential pieces (like the drain tube) as “not included with refurb.”

Save yourself the heartache, and just buy one at Wally World. It’s about the same price, and comes with all the parts. :smirk:

I bought this unit a couple of years ago from Woot as a refurb. It is still going strong. We use it in winter for heat in one of our colder bedrooms and for summer a/c for additional cooling. It does not come with the drain tube, but it’s not really needed except for when it’s used for heating. We placed a pan under the drain plug and that does the job.

I have one one I bought new about 6 years ago, but it didn’t come with the heat option back then. Mine is wonderful. We don’t use it all the time like I used to, as we now have central air. However, after Hurricane Harvey, this was a lifesaver to hook up to the generator after the storm passed, over the week+ we waited for power to be restored. This price is significantly less than I paid years ago. Some reference the refurb missing some parts, like a drain hose? There shouldn’t be one unless it pertains to the heat function, as the dehumidifier function works by venting and dissipating the water out the exhaust out the window. Also. Some of our parts got lost in a move. The window kit and the exhaust hose. My husband put together a replacement out of lightweight metal, works exactly the same.

Got this one yesterday works fine. I bought another from woot a few weeks ago besides it having the wrong vent connector, which woot helped with, it works exactly the same as a window unit. So it’s noisy if it’s a small room but blows cold air like it should.

Refurbished, NOT. This thing arrived smelly when plugged in the smell got worse. Several screws from the back were missing and peering inside the unit it is full of mold, dust and dirt as if it hadn’t been cleaned in years. Very Disappointed

Yikes, I’m really sorry to hear that! If you haven’t already, please use the Customer Service form and they’ll be happy to help.

I think I did but I never received a confirmation email which I thought would happen automatically.