BEAST Tumbler with Lid, 2 Straws, Brush & Gift Box

BEAST Tumbler with Lid, 2 Straws, Brush & Gift Box

Be careful out there.

Metal drinking straw impales UK woman’s brain, killing her

Specifically, Struthers-Gardner was carrying a jar-style glass with a screw-top lid that held the straw in place.
The cause of death was traumatic brain injury — and the coroner who investigated her gruesome end is warning others not to use metal straws in drink lids that keep them fixed in place.
“Clearly great care should be taken when using these metal straws,” assistant coroner Brendan Allen tells the Daily Echo in a statement. “There is no give in them at all.”

I just got one of these a few weeks ago from Woot. So far, I have only used it for cold drinks but I’m overall very happy. The only time I’ve had the ice be able to fully melt is after 8 hours in 90-degree sun, but the water was still cold as I took the last drink. Another 90-degree day in the shade, the ice lasted the whole 6 hours we were out. I will say it’s kind of annoying to drink without the straw, as there’s no secondary hole in the lid so I end up taking the whole lid off every time I drink because yes, it IS that annoying.
Re: straw death: For what it’s worth, the straight straw only sticks about 2 inches out of the lid. The curved straw is a bit longer, but I don’t really use that one so I’m not sure how far it sticks out.