Amazon Fire HD 8" (2017) Tablets - NEW

Amazon Fire HD 8" (2017) Tablets - NEW

So what, if anything, is the difference between this HD8 and the 32GB “scratch and dent” 2016 HD8 (which arrived in 100% perfect condition!) and was $28 with tax and free Prime shipping?

Boy, the prices on these are all over the lot. I just bought a Fire HD 8 2018 for $39.99 last week. https://www.woot.com/offers/amazon-fire-hd-8-2018-32gb-tablets

I rooted mine (not trivial). I think you can root the 2017 version now.

Either $26.99 or $31.99, depending on which one you choose…

I’m angry. Mine arrived damaged and it’s impossible to get anyone at Woot or Amazon to respond. I’ve emailed Woot 3 times and although they say they will respond within 24 hours they don’t. BTW— outside shipping carton was in perfect condition so the damage occurred prior to shipping.

Woot says they have offered resolution 3 times but I have not found any emails from them in my regular email, junk, or spam folders. Woot is not in my blocked list. I receive shipping notices from them just fine so not sure what the issue is with not getting the resolution emails.

Kathy

Good morning. As I mentioned on the other thread:

and

TT–
I reached out yesterday again to customer service. No response.
Yes, I have checked my spam and junk folders. I have enabled Woot as a safe sender and double checked to ensure they are not on my blocked list. Further, I gave them a second email addy to copy their response to. Still nothing!
I guess i’m out of luck at this point :frowning:
I always liked Woot and had faith in them up to this point. I’m an Amazon stock holder too.
Kathy Miller
[MOD: Never put email addresses in public forums]

They answered you yesterday on both your email addresses you had listed in this post.

Even if I ask them to reach out to you, it looks like you’re not going to get it. You’ve got to figure out what’s blocking the emails.

Things I can suggest:

If you use Outlook, try logging in directly to your email via a browser. There’s a junk folder there too.

Use the CS Support form during business hours when the phones are staffed and request a call.