Char-Broil Gas2Coal Hybrid Grill

Char-Broil Gas2Coal Hybrid Grill

It’s a good grill, bought it last year from Lowes, but it was cheaper than woot’s (Amazon’s) asking price.

Based on text and pictures, this one seems to be the same on Amazon. It’s got 4 stars with 120 reviews, 40% 5 star.

Common complaint seems to be that the charcoal pan which sits on top of the burners puts the charcoal right up against the grill, and isn’t adjustable, so stuff cooks too fast / burns.

I did the exact same thing. Got mine from Lowe’s too. Great grill!

I came here just to say the same thing. Love this grill but got it at Lowes for a better price.

That is not a “deal”. You can get a gas grill and a Weber for that price.

1 Like

Char-Broil Gas2Coal 3-Burner Liquid Propane and Charcoal Hybrid Grill https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CBT69DY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_0qeqDbXSS32N1

There is definitely an art to using charcoal on this. Using their directions you are either never going to get any sear on the meat or burn it to a char because of flairs. To get a decent piece of meat with charcoal grilling you put the charcoal on one side only, light it and after about ten minutes sear the meat over the charcoal side. 2 minutes flip, 1 minute flip and turn 45 degrees, 1 minute flip, 1 minute and move to the side without charcoal and cover to get it up to desired temperature.

1 Like

Was just in Lowe’s today, looking for one of these in order to check prices. Alas, I found none in the store, and they’re also not listed on their site. Wonder what I’m missing…

A gas grill AND a Weber?! Sign me up!