VIZIO SB3651-E6 36" 5.1 SmartCast Sound Bar System

VIZIO SB3651-E6 36" 5.1 SmartCast Sound Bar System

Got the Sam’s Club version and the sound is pretty good. My only issues with it is it turns off while in use once or twice a day and about once every three or four weeks it won’t turn on. Unplugging the power fixes the won’t turn on issue.

I bought this a year ago. It works fine and has good surround sound, but many models come with BLUETOOTH disabled and no way to activate bluetooth.

FYI - Bluetooth is the only way to access the app on your phone and alter any speaker settings.

So in essence, if I want to increase subwoofer for power or tweak volume on 1 speaker that is a few feet farther than the other, there’s no way to do that unless Bluetooth is enabled on the unit. and the only way to enable or disable bluetooth is with a bluetooth device connected to it with bluetooth.

The app also connects to it via wifi if the soundbar and your phone are both connected to the same wifi network. I have the SB3851 model (38" vs 36"). Bluetooth is used when setting up the device initially and also to connect to the subwoofer. If the Bluetooth wasn’t active, the subwoofer wouldn’t work.

I have the 40 older version and the sound is awesome for what it is, and true 5.1 if they are broadcasting it. Saves me from constantly firing up my big A/V 7.1 setup just to watch normal TV stuff, and sounds so much better then the typical tiny flat screen speakers most new sets have. For only having a 6 inch or so sub it really kicks out surprisingly deep bass too, and this unit has the same sub mine does. Mine has a remote to set everything, sounds like this one uses Android and Bluetooth. Not sure if mine can be set by my phone but once I got it where I wanted it I don’t have to mess with it again. Only issue I ran into was the Bluetooth signal tended to drop out to the sub and rear speakers so I had to tweak the sub just right to get a signal. I finally mounted the main speaker under my TV much higher than before and now the sub and rear speakers never drop out.

I also have an older version of this that I purchased probably 4 or 5 years ago. I love it, it works great and I never have any problems with it. Im confused as to why the photos show a remote, but there is no remote listed as being included in the Box? Anyways, mine came with a remote very similar to the one pictured and you are able to control volume of sub and individual speakers, tone, ect all from the remote. If this model does come with the pictured remote I assume it would be the same.