Lenovo X131e 11.6" Intel Celeron Chromebook

Lenovo X131e 11.6" Intel Celeron Chromebook

Updates ended for this over a year ago. Much better offerings have been available on here.

1 Like

What do you mean? I have a 5 year old Chromebook that still receives updates.

The computer that was described on the Woot page sounded pretty good: it has 4GB RAM. In my experience, that is the minimum that a Chromebook needs for adequate performance. But the Chromebook that arrived had only 2GB RAM.

I own many Chromebooks, some quite old, and they all receive updates. This one, however, gave me a message that it is no longer supported and that it will receive no updates – the first time that I have ever seen that message.

I hope that I just received an old lemon from Woot; I have written customer service to that effect. I hope that I will return this one and that they will send me out the machine described on their web page. I’ll try to let readers know what happens. Until then, consider this at best a 2GB, non-updated Chromebook – I wouldn’t have purchased it.

1 Like

Please do. This model looks like a good fit for my 9 year old.

I’m sorry that you didn’t receive what we advertised. CS will definitely help you out.

This was my first order with Woot, and I got bait-and-switched. I ordered three Lenovo x131e’s and got three Lenovo 11e’s which are not compatible with what I intended to do with the x131e’s. The 11e is a toy compared to the x131e. I have sent customer service an email (there does not seem to be a phone number for Woot customer service), and I suppose I will have to wait until someone contacts me to get me the right machines or to get me my money back. In the mean time, I know a phone number I can call - that of the Federal Trade Commission. Plainly, I am very unhappy.

I’m very sorry for the error with your order. It was definitely not intentional. Woot CS will take care of you quickly.

I certainly hope so. Since Woot is owned by Amazon, and since they have filled every order I have ever placed with them perfectly, I spent almost $300 with you guys, and you screwed it up. I’m on the phone with Amazon leadership as I write this, and they’re concerned about this. And that phone number I mentioned? It’s 877-FTC-HELP (382-4357), the Atlanta regional office.