Dell Optiplex 9020 Intel Micro Desktops

Dell Optiplex 9020 Intel Micro Desktops

I really, really wish Woot! would consistently include pictures of the back of these units. Multiple pictures from different angles of the front are pretty useless.

3 Likes

Yeah, but at least we get to see how it looks with a coffee mug and with a pen cup.

2 Likes

Keep in mind that Woot sometimes only has access to “generic” photos of products (especially computer products) – not necessarily the actual product being sold – so a rear view would probably be of little use. They usually state that the features / specs listed are what you have to use as a reference, but even that is sometimes just ported over from Amazon with little or no vetting.

You pays your money and takes your chances as the saying goes. At least with Woot they will usually let you return the item if it doesn’t live up to your expectations :wink:

Wondering if this is the same one from the other day that someone said was not a good design because the processor effectively cooks the hard drive due to the orientation and the lack of space to dissipate the heat?

As others have mentioned, the photos woot uses are just stock photos and/or provided from the vendor. Woot doesn’t take real pictures of ANY of their products these days, so the pics can never be trusted.

The Specs tab is you best bet. It’s usually correct.

1 Like

In these computers, the drive and CPU are side-by-side, so if it’s turned where the drive is upwards, heat collected can indeed shorten the hard drive’s life.

Dell has the teardown here:
https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln294869/optiplex-9020-micro-form-factor-mff-teardown-removal-guide-for-customer-replaceable-units-crus?lang=en

SSDs are less affected.

The website listed for warranty information has no actual information listed, could Woot give some info here? Doesn’t exactly give lots of confidence in the company/warranty…

Does this support 4K display?

In these computers, the drive and CPU are side-by-side, so if it’s turned where the drive is upwards, heat collected can indeed shorten the hard drive’s life.

SSDs are less affected.

I support several hundred similar models, and concur the vertically mounted/vertically placed ones seem more likely to roast their hard drives. I’ve had to replace over a dozen in the last quarter.