Canon EOS 5DS Digital SLR (Body Only)

Canon EOS 5DS Digital SLR (Body Only)

So I just got my 5DS today and it’s an import. I thought I was getting a refurbished USA model.

Hi there. I’m checking with our team. I understood these were US models.

In the meantime, contact Woot customer service for assistance. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

I got mine yesterday, and it’s a bit confusing. There is a sticker probably from the refurbisher on the bottom of the box saying the equipment MIGHT be an import item. I downloaded a copy of Canon’s Digital Photo Professional which required the input of a Canon serial number. No problem.
Then I called Canon’s support line and asked about US vs Grey market cameras and they replied that while they don’t have a list of serial numbers sold to the US, the serial number on the box will be preceded by a country code of (21) if it’s a US Model. Mine has that so it is, indeed, a US model. The camera and accessories are perfect and I’m testing it now. So far, so good. I even got a spare power cord for the charger.
The Canon rep also said that while it’s up to the service manager, generally they will service grey market cameras that are out of warranty. (Probably because they don’t really have any way to distinguish which are or aren’t grey market since they have no database of serials listing USA versions.) I’m OK with the 90 Day Woot warranty since it is a refurbished item. Thanks again Woot.

3 Likes

Hi there. Our vendor confirmed that these are US models. Looks like their sticker is just standard blurb.

If you feel that you didn’t get a US version. they can exchange. Contact Woot customer service for assistance. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

2 Likes

Just wondering, who does the refurbishment of the camera. It’s a lot of money and I would need it to las t. Thanks

1 Like

Fantastic camera for shooting stills, don’t buy the camera if you’re trying to do any video work. While the camera is very cheap compared to when it was new a quick check on google shows other websites having the camera for similar prices and one sit had it for $1309.

1 Like

What’s the shutter count on the one you received?

After a couple of days of shooting some tests, my shutter count is 233. So I’d say say that mine is virtually unused. It doesn’t show up in the EXIF of the images so you need an app to read the count. I got the app ShutterCount from the Apple OS X app store and it works fine.

2 Likes

It is an internation camera not a US. I called the company.

1 Like

Please confirm whether time is domestic or international version. Thank you.

My order arrived. It is as was written above a US model. It was in excellent, like new condition, and is in great working order.

2 Likes