47" 1080p 3D HDTV

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

47" 1080p 3D HDTV
$529.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

3-D’lusional Deal just below the Woot! deal seems nearly as good if not slightly better. Or is that just me? We’re talking Screen Size and LCD/LED differences is all…

3D will never be cool until it’s free and included on every television.

Does anyone really watch anything in 3D?

If you do, give me some examples.

No. I’ve had a 3d tv for about 2 years and still haven’t even bothered to even try the movie that was included… Maybe if they made 3d movies worth watching but they just haven’t made the content to make it worth it.

That’s the thought process I’m leaning to. Have to go out of your way to find 3D content.

The problem with 3D technology is that even though we are living in a world with incredible advancements in visual technology the bottom line is The shark still looks fake.

I actually just got done watching The Avengers in 3D at home tonight. But it was on a 92" Mitsubishi, not a 47" Visio.

The thing about 3D is bigger is better because it envelopes your field of vision. On a screen size like 47%, the effect is almost non-existent.

Ah, ah, link to amazon from woot! Colliding of universes! The start of t-rexes and cats living together! Oh wait, we already have that over on shirt.woot. (Three t-rexes and ten cats, actually: you should visit and check it out!)

Vizio TVs: I’ve had one for about 18 months (different model, not 3-D, much smaller) and I absolutely adore it. One frequent complaint about Vizio is that they seem to take 2-4 seconds to turn on, just long enough to make you wonder if you aimed the remote correctly. Beyond that, I’ve had no problems with it: totally reliable. Picture quality is outstanding! Someone usually turns up during these sales and turns their nose up at Vizio, but I’ve loved mine and I’ve read plenty of positive comments about Vizio during these woot sales.

Dont be fooled…This TV isnt as good as the LG 47 3d LED that was on the deal that sold out…it has no wifi…and only 120hz…read what your buying :slight_smile:

This is the point that most people seem to miss with 3d. You really benefit from a large screen to make the 3d effect better. Ideally front projection with a 110"+ screen.

I agree the bigger the better with 3D…Maybe Ill get a 3D LED projector next …the one on now is a lamp with only 4,000 hour life…(Not LED)

I picked up the hp 3d monitor on here a few months ago and got my money’s worth out of it. I’ve watched How to Train Your Dragon, Hugo, Avatar, Kung Fu Panda 2, Cars 2, Legend of the Guardians, Tron, and that Hubble Imax thing. I’ve also played Crysis 2 on it (which was good in 3d) and Mass Effect 2 (which sucked since it wasn’t originally meant for 3d). Friggin love it.

I was already in the market for a monitor to plug my laptop into when I’m home, and the price was decent so I figured why not. I mostly use it as a regular monitor but it’s nice to know I can watch and play stuff in 3d if I want.

I don’t know about a 3d tv though. 3d monitors are one thing, but I honestly don’t see the point of a tv these days what with netflix and youtube and all those services. Maybe video games if you have a modern console.

I watch all the new movies that come out in 3D as long as they have a 3D version. I really like the way they look.

Also this.
The monitor I got is 23" and it works for me since I live in a very small 1-bedroom apartment. When I’m just sitting at my computer I’m about 2 feet away from it so it works great. If I have a friend over we watch it from the couch about 3-4 feet away, but that’s about as far as you can get without it sucking. Viewing angle is also a big thing, 4 people is about the max I can have watching my monitor.

If you’re gonna be watching from the couch in your big ol’ living room with your whole family, you’re gonna want the biggest screen possible. This one is probably good for small families/houses or a bedroom tv.

I got the same Vizio model about a month ago for $598 and love it. To answer previous questions - YES, the 3D aspect is the most amazing feature about this set.

Yes, it’s a shame that there aren’t many 3D channels around but there are tons of amazing 3D videos on YouTube which you can watch through the included Youtube app. There are other 3D and cool apps like Skype and Netflix as well. The Vizio E3D470VX is by far is the best tv I’ve had and considering what you get for the price, you can’t beat it.

I’ve watched a lot of good 3D titles from Conan to Immortals to Avengers. I’ll admit the selection is slim but I’ve noticed it getting better than it was. I have a 47" LG and chose it due to the ability to use passive glasses and it enhances the viewing. I’ll admit though, a bigger screen is certainly more effective with 3D.

Both me and my brother have 42’ 3D Vizios and love them. i have passive and he has an active and its really cool to watch 3d content. He watches movies, docs and other content on 3net and i mostly just watch movies on blu ray or rented through Vudu. Ive bought Thor, the avengers, Chronicles of Narnia voyage of the dawn treader, beauty and the beast, Harry Potter 7 part II and cloudy with a chance of meat balls. they are all really enjoyable in 3d, except harry potter for which the 3d is useless and extremely unimpressive.

I recently picked up a 47" Vizio 3D on the recommendation of a few friends. The other TVs I’d been considering cost at least twice as much, but I decided to try the Vizio because of Amazon’s 30-day return period. And I couldn’t be happier. Yeah, the 5 seconds to turn on can be a little annoying, but hey, when I was a kid our big ol’ Maganavox CRT probably took a half hour to warm up. (Remember warming up?)

I ended up buying the Vizio 3D because it was only a few bucks more than the 2D, but seemed to have much better features. Never expected to be able to USE the 3D, because I’ve got an eye problem that keeps me from being able to see all but the highest-tech theater RealD stuff. So, I was frickin’ THRILLED the day I tried the 3D feature on a lark – because I can actually see it! I mean: really, really well!

Give this TV a shot. Worst case, you’ll probably be “pretty happy” with it… and you won’t mind having an extra few hundred clams left in your pocket.