47" 1080p 3D HDTV

Oh, the only down side? My Vizio 47" 3D TV seems to be smarter than I am. It’s giving me a complex.

If you have 2d-3d you can watch anything in 3D. There is a small selection of B-rays for purchase in 3D but haven’t seen anything to rent.

I’ve had one of these since December and I like it. The boot times are SLOW, but the 3D is very good. I have watched 3Dnet on Directv, but that gets old, as they loop the same few shows over and over.

If you need extra glasses, save some from your local movie theater, they work fine (if not better).

I purchase all my blue rays in the 3D pack now. Avengers is awesome.

Don’t buy it. Had mine for 1.5 months and suddenly won’t turn on. Warranty wants me to cover shipping for IL to CA in a box I don’t have because I thought the thing I bought was supposed to work. Weird! Between buying a box with proper packing and shipping to California it will cost 25% of what I originally paid.

I contacted woot ask them to solve the problem since they sold me the broken tv that died within 45 days and they sent back a form email with a link to their return policy. They basically said too bad so sad you would have to pay to ship it back to us anyway, might as well ship it to them!

I miss when woot was a smaller company. Sorry, it’s my fault for picking out and buying the broken one. The responsibility is on me to ship it around and get it fixed.

LONG time wooter and not sure ill be back for anything over $20

The Vizio has Wifi… I have the E3D470 and I love it. I could have spent more and got something better, but if you haven’t noticed you can ALWAYS spend a little more and get something better. I got the TV because I wanted 3D but didn’t want to spend an extra 2-300 just to have an LG with 3D and a few more options geared toward 3D (2D-3D). I wanted a smart TV that I could use netflix/amazon, as well as play video files from USB. I paid $750 for mine months ago, I believe I saw a deal not too long ago for this TV for 600 (just something to keep in mind). With a few setting changes, this TV is perfect for me.

Can you BROWSE the internet?? I see something about getting news, sports , and weather , but by what means? What browser? Or is it a special app? I would never buy something site unseen without seeing its navigation menu OR its REMOTE! Especially over the internet where its harder to send it back. I got a Sony google tv and knew it had a Chrome browser.

I own the 42 Vizio version of this. On the 120hrz VS 240htz.240 is just 120 enhanced through a bunch of software, its not hardware based. I don’t trust software to still be working in 14 years.

I love the Vizio I bought it because out of all the TVs the 3D looked the best to me in 2D.

FYI On Net flix you can pay $2 extra a month and stream a picture as good as Blue Ray. It is generally better.

I paid $590 for the Vizio 42 inch a year ago.Very happy with it.I did buy a 5 year warranty. It was cheap.

Bottom line… 3D is excellent for gamers. Several various PS3 games are 3D. I actually have the 47" LG but my model is the 5600 (not sure of the difference). I do know that the picture is incredible and it’s a wonderful TV 3D or not. Highly recommended.

I bought the 3D new at Sam’s last year on Black Friday for $588. It is a great TV, but that is not a great price.

I have owned the LG LED 47LW5300 for almost a year. It’s a fantastic TV with superb viewing angles. The 3d is great. I don’t use it much, but its good 3d nonetheless. I would highly recommend this TV.

Every animated theatrical release. I would rather not watch regular movies in 3D, however TRON, Saw 3D, and Piranaha 3D were good in 3D as well.

You can rent 3D movies via Vudu. You can also just download them.

First of all, it is Blu-Ray. And second, the picture from netflix will NEVER be as good as blu-ray, the bandwidth just isn’t there.

I have a child and I watch it all the time. Also, I play PS3 games in 3D and I love it.

Movies:
Puss 'n Boots
Tangled
Toy Story 3
Avengers
Journey 2
IMAX Deep Sea
The Lorax
and many more…

Games:
Sonic Generations
Batman Arkham City
Assassins Creed
Enslaved
Eyepet
Gran Turismo 5
Jak and Daxter Collection
Mortal Kombat
Ratchet and Clank
and more…

I bought my LG 3d tv from woot! for $650 and I absolutely love it. I was looking for an affordable tv and I really wanted a 3d tv. When the woot! appeared I bought it and it was the best decision I could have made.

I feel sorry for you but after 45 days what did you expect Woot to do? Vizio should have paid for return shipping…complain to them. Did you talk to a manager?

I bought the same 47" LG 3DTV that is being sold here about a year ago. I’m very happy with it, but I also only use the 3D for gaming. I have yet to watch a single movie in 3D and I’m not sure that I even want to.

One common complaint about passive 3D is that your 1080p TV becomes two interlaced 540p images. One eye sees every other horizontal line, so they each see 540 of them. That said, when actually using the 3D, you don’t notice this at all. Well, unless you’re reading small text, then you’ll see the difference, but even then the total image that you see looks better in 3D than it does in 2D, simply because it has perceived depth.

If you’re watching a movie in 3D, then you’ll want to go with a really big TV (relative to the size of the room or your distance from it). This is because of how movies are filmed and the expectation that they’re being viewed on a big movie theater screen. But when you’re playing a game, the action is usually centered around a main character or item in the center of the screen and the depth is created around them, so a more “modest” 47 inch TV should be fine.

Not everyone needs wifi on their TV. Most people either use Netflix or Amazon Instant Video on their computers, or have a gaming system to hook up to their TV that will provide them with those services.

In fact, I’d say it’s pretty much a waste of money if you have any modern console. And even if you don’t have a modern console, you can get cables that will hook your laptop, smartphone, tablet, desktop, or whatever to hook up to your TV for much cheaper than paying extra for wifi.

What’s a Blue Ray? I think I saw one at the zoo once, but not in my living room.

I have the 42" version of the Vizio unit. The 3D is not very good, but the 2D is excellent. I would buy it again.

Agreed, I wasted money on a smartTV because I have an HTPC that works way better than their apps. Although the picture on my LG LED Cinema3D is waaay crisper than this Vizio. But once again I wasn’t aware you had to buy a 3D compatible blu-ray player so now i have to blow more money :confused: