HP EliteDesk 800-G2 i7 Mini Desktop

HP EliteDesk 800-G2 i7 Mini Desktop

I own this HP EliteDesk 800 G2 going on 2 years now. Great little computer! I hooked it up to a Samsung 32" 4K monitor through the DP and I’m enjoying the 3840x2160 HD resolution this mini computer puts out. I ended up buying my parents this same computer.

2 Likes

HACKINTOSH!
Does anyone know whether this setup is compatible with user-installable upgrades to the memory, data storage, WiFi/Bluetooth and graphics processor - or is everything soldered-into the motherboard?

Being able to swap-out the WiFi and graphics processor with a card compatible with the Mac OS and maxing-out the memory makes it a lot easier.

Thanks!:neutral_face:

There is nothing to swap out of here. It uses the built in graphics card that’s on the Intel CPU. You can add memory, there are two memory slots available. There is also two M.2 PCI-E slots available. One for a wifi card, (but it most likely doesn’t have an antenna built-in) and a slot for M.2 PCI-E SSD Storage. For WIFI, just get a decent USB wifi adapter for it.

That’s about it. If you are planning on using it as a media computer, better to get the i5 version as the i7 is going to generate a lot more heat and will be louder with the fan going all the time. (I7 65watts TDP vs I5 35 watts TDP)

1 Like