Kodak Internal Solid State Drives

Kodak Internal Solid State Drives

1 Like

They never did fix the spelling on the 480GB drive, did they? …

1 Like

Unlike the SAT, the SAT for the 480GB SSD is as good as the SATA/

I bought the 120GB one in a prior sale. It seems to be fine. I love how fast my computer boots up now. I have nothing to compare it to since the drive it replaced was an old 5400RPM disk but it installed as easily as any other drive.

2 Likes

Can this drive be used in anything else besides a computer?

Took me a while to find that. We like to leave stuff up there for you guys to twitch over.

4 Likes

I’ve got to be doing something at work, right?

Prior discussion about these drives is here:

I don’t know what you have in mind, but sure, why not bearing in mind the receiving device has the proper connector. I think all it will “see” is a disk drive. All the Solid State type stuff happens on the drive itself.

1 Like

I mean, you could use it in a bulding as a paperweight/door stopper/showpiece…

2 Likes

I don’t know about that … SSDs are pretty light …

door stopper

… and thin.

1 Like

Or a verrrrry small door.

Can this drive be used in anything else besides a computer?

Often on my nightstand I put an SSD or old hard drive as a coaster under my coffee cup or wine glass.

Not a good cat toy as there is no stringy thing to chase (he likes USB and headphone cords, or especially the expensive Apple lighting cords).

Seriously, you could put this in a PS4. You can even put in a PS3 if you still have one, and it will improve performance (though PS3 only uses SATA2 not SATA3).

Some are using them in security camera systems but there is still a debate over whether old hard-drives are actually better for that purpose (especially the ones rated for continuous write).

5 Likes

That price is rather good! How difficult is it to set this up as a Drive C for the OS and then make the current drive D?

Desktop or laptop? What OS and version are you using?

Don’t know if links are allowed, so…
Search for “How to Migrate Your Windows Installation to a Solid-State Drive”
The site I like is How To Geek, there are many others.

How to Migrate Your Windows Installation to a Solid-State Drive

2 Likes

Did you transfer your old drive’s info in any specific way? I’ve wanted to replace my old 5400 (the weakest link of my otherwise gaming system), but really like the way I’ve got it set up, and don’t want anything (configurations, etc.) to change.

Any tips or hints for doing an exact copy - ISO, special apps, etc.?

I’ve been putting it off, because I just can’t wrap my brain around the whole project.

TIA!

Didn’t see your post until after I’d commented. But I’m going to leave mine, just to see if there are any other courses, apps, ideas, etc.

I like Acronis for cloning and I do a lot of it at work.
Easiest way for beginners is probably to get a cheap USB 2.5" drive enclosure/tray for $7 (I keep an Oimaster from Amazon in my bag), Stuff the SSD in there, and use Acronis or another preferred tool for cloning.

3 Likes

Sorry, I did a fresh, clean install of Windows 10. I pulled everything off the old drive I wanted to keep in terms of files, etc, then I formatted the new SSD using an external USB case. Then dropped it into the laptop and let the Win10 USB install stick do its thing.

I think @Omnicron32 has the info you need. :smiley:

2 Likes

I use my old drive as a book end

(Took like 4-5 shots to get this pick with me or the phone reflected in it)

1 Like