Rachio 16-Zone Smart Sprinkler Controller

Rachio 16-Zone Smart Sprinkler Controller

Great deal. My lawn loves rachio!

1 Like

I got this from Costco, and it’s been working great. Word of caution - the WiFi did not work with a Tenda Nova WiFi mesh system. Rachio’s WiFi chip is incompatible with Tenda’s chip. While the Rachio forum users were very helpful, Rachio refused to connect to WiFi. Even though this is a known issue, the IOS app doesn’t handle this very well. I switched to a TP-Link Deco system, and Rachio connected immediately.

2 Likes

I had a connection problem with mine, but it wasn’t to the router, but from the router to Rachio. My ‘regular’ network was a bit more locked down than your normal wifi and my water controller could start the process, but never fully connect with Rachio. I had to turn on my guest network option and it connected up just fine through that…Probably should have just started with that anyway.

1 Like

This hit the front page of SlickDeals, so if you’re on the fence about getting one, make a decision soon.

It’s likely to sell out now.

2 Likes

great product. the app is really good also. makes watering your yard automated. I believe I paid $10-15 more last time this was up, so it’s a better deal than I got.

1 Like

If you are suffering with a “dial” controller like the Hunter, this will be an AMAZING upgrade for you. I mean life-changing.
this is the second-best woot, after bidets!

1 Like

I have had this unit for about 2 years now and love it. The only thing to be mindful of is it is 2.4Ghz only and not compatible with 5Ghz WiFi. I had to get into the code on my Orbi and separate channels to accommodate, which was a huge pain. Gen 3 is 2.4/5 and compatible with a water flow sensor, that’s about all it has over this Gen 2 model.

Best price ever, I think. Last time it was the 8 zone at this price. Been using these for years and they’re super reliable, with a well designed, well implemented app. As far as I know, no competitor even comes close. This is a must have.

My router (ASUS GT5300) allows up to 9 SSID’s (3 for 2.4, 3 for the 5 and 3 more for the gaming 5ghz side which we know Rachio doesn’t support 5ghz wifi). I set up a hotspot called RACHIO on the 2.4ghz freq and assigned channel 11, set the password, locked out INTRANET access and gave it a static IP just in case. Connection is a breeze and only time it “fails” is when I shut off the device in Nov and fire it back up in March. I seem to have to re-connect but having not changed the IP, password, etc, it’s all done via the phone and the app. I got my gen 1 from woot and it is the next best thing to sliced bread. Love it.

ADD: Failed to mention I also HID the accesspoint of RACHIO so some noob hacker can’t run my sprinklers 24/7 while I’m away LOL.

How about warranty? Does Rachio covers 2 years warranty if I buy it from Woot?

Yep! We’ve been working with Rachio for a while now.

I had one at the house I sold recently. I just bought one for my new house. Love how easy it is and the automatic seasonal adjustments.

1 Like

$10 cheaper than when I got it a couple weeks ago(from woot none the less). Here in So Cal there is also water rebates on these things. I got $80 back from my water district. So check out yours.
Totally worth the upgrade from a standard controller.

1 Like

How do I find out the exact model number? Picture shows 16ZR2ULW which isn’t on the list for rebates. 16ZULW is on the list though.

Hi there. We’re selling

16ZULW-B

Hope that helps.

Wha? That must’ve been fun. I’ve got Orbi and didn’t have to do crap. Ours is gen 3 so it supports 5G BUT not getting that out in the garage so it’s on 2.4 trucking along just fine. Works great as it did with my last netgear router.

1 Like