2-Pack Mini Surge Protector w/ 2 Outlets & 2 USB Ports

2-Pack Mini Surge Protector w/ 2 Outlets & 2 USB Ports

Fake spot dot com gives the Amazon product reviews a score of D. Avoid. Probably some crap from China.

3 Likes

While they may, I have purchased these and have one in my office and another in my dining room. In regards to both, they both work and accomplish the goal I need them for which is just another USB/Outlet available. I think they are worth the cost, but they aren’t going to be the most protective thing in the world either.

Fakespot is good for grading the quality of the reviews, but a low grade doesn’t automatically mean a product is complete crap. The actions of any seller can dramatically affect the outcome of the reviews, not to mention there are horror stories out there of malicious reviewing by competitors.

Use fakespot as a tool, not as gospel.

As for this, it’s ETL listed to UL standards, so one shouldn’t worry about its safety. The surge protection is going to be basic at this price point, but it’s better than not offering any protection at all.

1 Like

I got mine today. They seem ok. I don’t plan on using this to protect expensive electronics. Just a nice place to charge my cheap Bluetooth headphones and a non Apple smart watch.

As for this, it’s ETL listed to UL standards, so one shouldn’t worry about its safety. The surge protection is going to be basic at this price point, but it’s better than not offering any protection at all.

No, it has a label that says it’s ETL listed. That doesn’t mean it actually is. I don’t know about these specific items but I’ve taken a number of similar items and wall chargers apart and they definitely did not meet safety standards. Interesting things happen when you short mains AC voltages onto a USB socket and the device plugged into it. More costly doesn’t mean something is good, but cheap often means corners were cut somewhere.

Couldn’t find an ETL listing for these. Maybe I’m missing it?
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Aduro-Travel-Portable-Charging-Station/dp/B01C7SMHA8/

ETL DB
https://ramuk.intertekconnect.com/WebClients/ITS/DLP/products.nsf/$$Search?OpenForm

I had this in my cart and googled the description first and found the listing on Amazon with 20% 1 star reviews, mostly USB is very slow or stopped working shortly after purchase.
Each color has it’s own set of reviews and woot chose the blue reviews as they were the best