SimpliSafe 7-Piece Home Security System

SimpliSafe 7-Piece Home Security System

Anyone thinking about this should watch the LockPickingLawyer’s video bypassing these with a $2 transmitter (link here).

I sure wouldn’t buy one.

2 Likes

Very valid concern. I yell at my friends all the time for putting signs in their yard saying what alarm system they have. It’s like advertising what ports are open on your computer. You’re setting yourself up for someone to research how to get in.

1 Like

I love mine. I have the video doorbell also. The call center works like a charm. This is a CHEAP price.

SimpliSafe itself has nearly same; 6-piece Security System ( 1 Motion Sensor instead of 2 offered here ) PLUS FREE SimpliCam Security Camera at $181.96 + shipping, with Coupon Code - SIMPLI30CAM ( for 30% off on total and Free Camera of $99 value).

I know of people that will use one system and post signs from a different company in the yard… Keeps them guessing. Heck I would go one step further and use the shell from one system and the guts from a different one on the devices that can be seen from the outside…

1 Like

That was a nice YouTube video but he didn’t test the system completely. Just because he was able to override the door sensor with the small transmitter right next to it does it mean he would be able to override a motion sensor that is located close to the base station (as one should be) that will eventually detect the burglar as he’s walking around the house looking for things to steal. Also a burglar would have to hold down the button on the transmitter the whole time he is in the house just to try to stop the motion sensors from transmitting their signal to the base station. The fact is thieves are lazy. Why go to the trouble of trying to burglarize a home with an alarm system when it’s easier to burglarize a home without one.

1 Like

Agree. Any security system is better than no system. Like anything, be sure to use layers of security. ex: don’t leave your door and windows unlocked just because you have a security system.
Security system, cameras, fence with locked gates, window and door locks, big dog, baseball bat, gun… If one layer fails or is bypassed, I’m hoping the next one stops them. Definitely easier targets on my block.

Is it possible to use SimpliSafe WITHOUT a monitoring subscription??? As in, only sends alerts to my phone?

You definitely don’t need to pay for monitoring and the alarm will still sound at your home, but I don’t know if you can get app and/or text notifications without paying something.