Roca Jail Cell Lock Up - Smartphone Prison

Roca Jail Cell Lock Up - Smartphone Prison

1 Like

FREE THE PHONES!

2 Likes

I kinda love this thing.

2 Likes

When phones go bad, everyone needs a safe place like this to 'Lock ‘em Up’!

Wondering if my home phone will fit inside…

3 Likes

Looks like this is plastic and the lock could be picked with a simple paper clip - not that any of that is an issue for home use…

If made more substantially, this could actually be very useful in an office environment or other shared workspace (resturant, shop floor, retail … ) to provide security from theft when one has to walk away or leave on charge.

From the photos, it looks like I could get my fingers in there to turn the phone sideways and pull it through the side… (or just pick the whole thing up and shake it to get the phones out) How big are those gaps in the cage?

Is it possible to put a phone on charge when in the jail? I’d only do that if the phone(s) could lie flat, but I don’t know if there’s room for today’s large phones to do that. (Otherwise, absent a 90-degree connector, you’d risk cable damage.)

put the phone upside down and drill a hole in the top to feed the charge cord through. That way, the cord can go straight up without any sharp bends.

Do they let you bring a drill to jail?

2 Likes

I’d bake a little cupcake with a tiny hacksaw blade for your imprisoned cell phone.

2 Likes

Couldn’t you have some self control and save $13?

2 Likes

I think this is for misbehaving cell phones.
It’s worth $13 to teach your cell phone a lesson!

2 Likes

Look, the jails are FULL of examples of poor self control…that’s why we need jails.

2 Likes

Pfft. Use the trunk of your car.
It’ll hold at least two bo…cell phones.
And you still save $13.

2 Likes

I’m almost certain that the lock on this jail is impenetrable from any known kind of unauthorized forced entry.

2 Likes

THIS IS A PLASTIC GAG GIFT! IT IS FROM CHINA. IT REQUIRES ASSEMBLY AND DOESN’T FIT TOGETHER AS STATED.

Hi there. If you’re unhappy with the item, reach out to Woot Customer Service. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.