Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker

Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker

Wow! The price on this keeps plummeting. Soon you’ll be paying us to take it! I love mine.

2 Likes

Scratch and dent; stuff returned to Amazon that they’re trying to get rid of.

Does this model make yogurt? Cook rice?

Why, yes. Yes it does. I’m very impressed with the capabilities of this machine.

Is Scratch and Dent a brand of Ninja ? :rofl:

Does this include the dehydrate function?

Any pictures on the scratch and dents would be great

Does this refurbished model come with a warranty?

Never mind I see it only comes with a 90 day warranty. Not that great:(

But then you’d get different dents that don’t match the picture, so you’d complain “no, I wanted that dent there!”

Assuming this is like Amazon Warehouse Deals, (and experience with phone stuff), it could be anything from totally new with no signs of use, to a dent in the BOX only, so a dent or scratch in the outer body or the cooker which wouldn’t affect performance, or perhaps to one of the accessories. It is supposed to be fully functional and safe so there should not be any major damage.

1 Like

Considering that the entire shell is plastic, this would be more scratch than dent.

Mine just arrived and it looks to be in fine shape. Couple tiny chips on the rim of the fryer basket and the nameplate is slightly scuffed. Other than that it looks great.

Dishwashing what I can right now, and hand washed the rest. Am really looking forward to doing a pressure test and then getting down to business.

Edit: pressure test and air crisper went fine, though the coil stinks at the moment.

Shame it didn’t come with a hard copy of the cookbook. I thought this model did, but it appears I was mistaken. It’s just a .pdf in the description of the product.

1 Like

Opened mine today. Only a 2" scuff on the face of the unit. Seems to work fine and recognizes both lids. I notice in the “features” tab in the description it lists “recipe book”, but this was not in the box. As I’m typing this, I now realize that this is actually a link to a PDF file. This is also the case with the “Quick Start Guide”. Very eager to try it out (unfortunately it is a Christmas gift for my wife, so I guess I’ll have to wait!).

1 Like

You should at least perform the pressure test one day while she’s away. I ordered one on another woot and it’s been a problem. I have to say though, Ninja has been awesome. First they quickly sent me a new lid and since that didn’t work, I’m sending them the whole unit back today and they are sending me a new/replacement unit as soon as they receive confirmation of shipping. They haven’t made me wait in the phone long or jump through any hoops… they just keep striving to ensure I get a working foodi. They don’t even care that I bought it from woot. <3

Got mine. Lots of scratches and chunks of plastic missing but seems to work ok. Cooked in the air fryer part fine. Did a pressure test and a little trail of steams comes out of the red pressure valve the entire time. Doesn’t seem right to me. My instant pot didn’t do that. Anybody else see this?

I had issues with mine… Ninja sent me a new and improved one! :slight_smile:

Thank you for the tip jules45403. I finally attempted the pressure test and…there’s a problem. It does not build up pressure. The light on the screen rotates while it is building pressure. When the light stops rotating, the unit is supposedly pressurized. Well, the light on my unit stops rotating after about 3 seconds, and begins the cooking countdown. The red pop-up button never pops up.

I called Ninja. The rep asked a few questions (if everything was in the correct position, etc.). My answers did not prompt any follow up or suggestions to fix the problem. When I told him that it is a refurbished unit, he said that he could not help and gave me the number of their refurbished company to call (“Sonen Enterprises” I believe).

I then tried calling Woot. I was offered the choice of either a $15 refund to have it fixed locally, or to return the unit. Since there are none remaining in stock at Woot, they cannot replace it. Neither of these options is good, because this is a Christmas gift for my wife, which she was looking forward to.

I tried calling Sonen (Ninja’s refurb company). They are doing inventory and cannot replace the unit until after Jan 2nd. But, I have to pay for the cost to return the defective unit. At this point, this is probably the best option. Either that, or return the unit to Woot and buy a brand new one for about $100 more. I don’t know if I should try Ninja again and hope to get someone else who is more willing to help. Or maybe someone at Woot will see this and offer another solution.

I guess this is the risk you take with refurbished models. Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Aww… I am so sorry. :frowning: Sonen is definitely difficult to work with! I had an issue with a refurbished coffee bar I bought. I tried every avenue in sending it to them to be fixed but since they are in Calify, it was just too expensive and I had to return the unit to woot as well. But don’t give up on Ninja! I have so many of their items and I love all of them!

It might be too late to snag the absolute best deal, but Sam’s Club usually has Ninja products at the best (new) prices. I love this foodi thing! The instant pot makes food taste boiled the foodi cooks it quickly but keeps the flavor! It’s definitely worth it!

I hope you and your wife have a very merry Christmas nonetheless. Perhaps wrap up a picture of a foodi and tell her you’re getting her another the next time they come around? :slight_smile:

I highly recommend Foodi cookbooks that you can find on Amazon. There are a ton of them, s o pick one that has recipes you think you’d like. They really take the guess out of cooking in the Foodi.