Amazon Echo Show - First Generation - Black or White

Amazon Echo Show - First Generation - Black or White

I can’t believe they are still selling these! I bought 5 and 3 of them were plagued with the screen flicker issue which amazon absolutely knows about. Luckily woot let me return them. There is a huge thread about it on the amazon forums Amazon Digital and Device Forums - US I also found that Amazon will absolutely not service these refurbs so if you are past the woot 90 day warranty you have a paperweight. Buyer beware.

I have Two 1st gen Echo Show devices,I got on Sale through Amazon a Year ago for $129.I’ve heard of the screen issues ,but I (Knock on wood) Haven’t had any problems at all with either of them.For $50 I’m thinking of grabbing a 3rd one,The 2nd gen Echo show is still pretty high in price for me

I have a 1st Gen Echo Show I bought from Amazon in used condition. It developed the screen flicker issue that was really bad for awhile but it seems to have resolved itself. I didn’t do anything except live with it. I don’t remember the last time it flickered, but I can’t say it’s 100% flicker free. Even when it does, it’s not as bad as it was. For me it’s a non issue.

Hey look! The Echo Shows we all returned last month (for screen flicker) are back on sale again! We should start stamping them and tracking them like they do with the dollar bills (Where’s George?)

I guess eventually they will sell these to people too lazy to return them.

1 Like

Yeah, it doesn’t work like that. This is refreshed inventory from our supplier.

1 Like