5.11 Ranch Coat (2 Colors)

Really, I thought 5.11 was expensive high dollar. Please tell me who they are “knocking off” I’d like to check out that coat instead then.

So is the chart running one size larger than usual then? IF its accurate and I wear a 44 then I buy a large, right?

This coat warm enough for the middle of winter?

Thanks for the heads up. One of these reviews is very thorough and points out enough downsides to warn me off.

The names of the colors. I would have named them Tactical Brown and SpecOps Black.

Even without the mediocre reviews I would have stayed away. I have a few 5.11 items already. From my experience, the clothes are overpriced and not well thought out. A hint to the quality of the ranch coat would be the fact that they appear to have discontinued it.

Their bags, on the other hand, are outstanding. I have the Rush72 backpack and couldn’t be happier with it. I work for the railroad, 6 days a week, and practically live out of my bag. After 2 years of carrying 25-30 pounds daily, it doesn’t show any signs of wear. Good stuff.

Thanks for posting the link to a great review. If it ain’t warm enough for a Texas winter, it won’t do anything for a New England winter!

Woot got rid of sale’s stat’s/locations, or am I missing something?

I concur about the sizing, but I’m that way with everything on the Internet. I have discovered that there are people at work and about that wear 5.11 clothing, and the sizing is very similar to the Carhart brand, if you normally wear a XL in just about anything shirt related, then you only need the L size. This has worked for me quite well.

I recently purchased the Woot sale on this 5.11 ranch coat and got the L size. Fits perfectly, and I think after maybe a wash or two, will be just right.

Apparently they sold more than they had, since I just got a refund. Or they are giving it to me for free.

I think it’s a matter of perspective, too. He talks about wearing it in temperatures when at most I’d wear a light windbreaker.