5 Gallon Galvanized Steel Gas Can, Red

As Chip mentioned above, it’s really hard to change orders because we’re processing them much quicker these days (within hours). Note thought that Processing does not equal Shipping but it still puts the order out of our reach.

In the future, you can cancel the order in the first 15 minutes and then reorder. There’s a link in my signature to the blog on ow to cancel your orders yourself.

So this thing doesn’t have those silly “safety” valves that cause me to spill gas everywhere and make it impossible to fill anything smaller than a tractor (like a leaf blower or weedwhacker)?

Awesome gas cans. Much better than any plastic one I’ve purchased before. I bought two after doing my homework last Nov/Dec at $42 and $38 respectively from Amazon. So this is a good deal.

In for 3! And it’s blinking!

Don’t forget to use gas stabilizer if you don’t use this much gas in a month. I got some PRI Fuel Stabilizer, which has better reviews and might last longer than Stabil.

I loathe the new spouts! They are supposed to force you to make contact with the rim you are pouring fuel into to reduce static discharge. That said, both the one that blew apart on me while fueling (it was the type with a spring), and the one that I bought to replace it, didn’t say anything about that - they just touted the environmental benefits. I have never spilled and/or leaked more gas than with these new “improved” so called no-mess/no-drip spouts. I wish I hadn’t lost my old can in a move. Also, can someone explain why plastic gas cans are so expensive?!

Correct. It’s got a really strong springed cap closure with a rubber or leather type of seal. I guess that prevents too much pressure buildup and passes the safety standards, since these guys sell a lot of fuel storage items. Easy to open.

Here is what it kind of looks like (another model):

Don’t blame the gov’t for everything. In this case it’s Walmart. Just Google “Walmart Rubbermaid out of business”
The documentary I saw at the time showed their huge molding machines being dismantled for shipment to China, along with the jobs.

Wow, it’s almost like the woot! of the past. A QUALITY product for a great price. In for three (can’t remember the last time I said that).

I have one of these which I bought years ago after getting tired of wrestling with the typical spouts on plastic gas cans. Since then the plastic gas cans have gotten worse with their “no spill” (guaranteed to spill) spring loaded spouts.

The only thing to watch for on this one is to gently open the cap before tipping it to release pressure.

So I jumped in for 3 a little while ago and then about 15 minutes later, I see that it is now sold out.

If my order went through, does that mean that I will get my order, or does woot have to wait and fill orders to see if there is enough?

if you checked out, paid and got your confirmation email, you are good… you got one, or 3…

Hmm, I missed it. Shouldn’t have browsed for more stuff to add to the order.

@ceekay23, thanks for that. Not being a Walmart shopper, I had not heard that info.

Although, I suspect there are two sides to the story. Perhaps a bit of arrogance on Rubbermaid’s part as well. And relying for too much if their business on Walmart.

We have only ourselves to blame for manufacturing and jobs movng to China. if we want inexpensive stuff we can’t have it both ways.

I wonder how many Walmart complainers shop there?

And how many (Amercian-era) RCA, Zenith, & Curtis-Mathes TVs did we buy as Sony & Panasonic were ramping up? Same for cars in the mid to late 70’s.

Anyone received theirs yet? Mine seems to be stuck in Shipping status.

I was in for one and do agree the no spill cans suck. Thankfully I bought one of the old cans before they went to their new design. otherwise I did find this on youtube and I modified my cans this way.

Its like an old man peeing… only a little at a time.