50's vacuum

50's vacuum

50's vacuum

Hoover did this one did a great job.

1 Like

I think it would look better with the middle image. It’s too bad that watermark is in the way…

2 Likes

DQ in 3, 2, 1…

2 Likes

When I sub stolen stock photos, I try to do a better job smoothing out the edges of the image.

1 Like

Right. If you’re going to steal, at least be a GOOD thief.

1 Like

I didn’t think i was stealing because it’s small part of the image and and the meaning has been changed with the caption. If this is illegal, then so are all memes and gifs.

Love these new submission rules. No contracts, no rules!

1 Like

Do you really think that justification is OK? You have appropriated someone else’s art (in part or whole is immaterial) in hopes of making a profit. Derby art must be original. Memes and gifs are definitely not in the same realm as this and while plenty of stuff is stolen for those, they are generally not for profit, but that doesn’t make it any less stolen.

It would have been great if you took that concept, used the art as inspiration and executed it as an original work from there. Maybe you can try to do that in the future. If you really didn’t know, or understand this, take this as an opportunity to do something original going forward.

I really thought that it was ok. This was literally my first submission for anything like this. I was pretty proud of the idea so i was bummed and confused about why it got rejected. But after the explanation of gaining a profit, i think i get it.

If i were to build that same image using vector graphic or something like that then it would be an original work?

Redraw it.

Sorry if I was harsh – didn’t realize you were new at this and serious about participating.
@bsmith1 is succinct, but correct. You’ll want to use source art/photos/etc as possible inspiration, but will need to create something wholly new. Some people do things “in the style of” but the design itself is original, others do things that are out there, but in their own style. It’s best to develop your idea first, before going out on the interwebs and possibly biasing how you think it should look.

I made similar missteps when I first started. It’s all part of the learning process. When all else fails, draw a cat. Wooters seem to like that best anyway. :slight_smile:

If you want to continue to try to participate and have questions feel free to ask. We’re happy to help when we’re not all cranky over found clipart. :grinning:

2 Likes