Microsoft 12" Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet

Microsoft 12" Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet

I used this exact model every single day as my primary use computer. My son has the i5 version. Both of us love this computer. You will need a Type Cover keyboard, which will set you back another $125 or so.
These are incredibly portable and lightweight, and while the battery does last a good long time, there is simply no way you should expect 9 hours of life playing videos or doing anything for that matter. I get 3-5 hours of use while taking notes in Word, depending on whether or not I have wi-fi be enabled.
These have a micro SD card slot that I use for an additional 128G of storage, but that’s mainly used for movies that I watch when I am traveling.
The screen is outstanding,
I nearly never used it in tablet mode, but it switches automatically when you fold the Type Cover around back.
I also have a stylus but nearly never use it.
This is a great price considering the 1 year warranty from Microsoft. I paid $700 new with the Type Cover when I bought mine a couple of years ago.

6 Likes

Way overpriced for what you are getting. The M3 processor is junk and without a type cover this is probably going on eBay for $150 at the most. You don’t want any Surface that has less than a i5 processor and at least 8gb RAM with 256G SSD. If you load much of anything (such as Office 365) on a 128G SSD you will run out of room rapidly.

This unit might be great if all you do is browse Facebook and look at photos from relatives. Don’t expect to do much in the way of watching video with this limited processor. Shop around there are much better deals.

4 Likes

What year is this?

I will not only supply you with the year, 2019, but the date as well…December 15th. You’re welcome.

9 Likes

Well not quite. In used condition with windows 8 you can get one for $150 on eBay, but the lowest priced factory reconditioned they currently have is over $300 on ebay

Was considering until I saw your post. The $150 ebay models come with WIndows 8 you say… Well, you can still upgrade to windows 10 for free.

CNET reviewed it in June 2017

1 Like

this is still Woot?

lol! sort of. More like Wamazon, or Amazoot

I watch MP4 videos all the time on mine. And Netflix. And other streaming. I also do light video editing on it with Sony Vegas. I also have O365 installed with all the options and use it all the time, as well as over 39G of files from Dropbox and Google Drive, yet I am not out of room.
Funny you didn’t mention whether or not you own one of these with an M3 and 128G, but seem to know exactly what it can and cannot do.