Arlo Q Indoor 1080p Wi-Fi Security Camera

Arlo Q Indoor 1080p Wi-Fi Security Camera

I have the Arlo Q Plus (only difference is that one can do PoE, power over Ethernet). I was enthusiastic at first, but I will say that I DON’T recommend Arlo products. There is a significant delay in the video/audio. In my testing it runs about 4-5 seconds, even if I am on the same wifi network as the camera. This is due to the fact that the video stream is sent to the Arlo servers and then back to your phone. This introduces a notable delay. Many other manufacturers send the stream directly to your device (I have a Samsung webcam that I got here on Woot which only has a fraction of a second delay). On Arlo, the 2 way audio feature is useless because of this delay.

On the Arlo support forums, the company is well aware of this issue, and are not interested in changing how their devices function. Perhaps this will improve now that Arlo was spun off as its own company from Netgear, but I won’t hold my breath.

Sorry Arlo, I can’t recommend anyone buy this product. The new Ring indoor cam is $50, and I have been fairly pleased with my Ring Doorbell Pro and outdoor Stick Up Cam.