Stamina ATS Air Rower

Stamina ATS Air Rower

I have what appears to be a nearly identical machine labeled “Integrity air 3000”. If this one uses the same materials and has the same build quality then it’s a fair deal. A monster athlete could probably destroy mine in no time, but it should last OK for even a reasonably above average strength man.
I believe that buying this and later finding that you should have spent a LOT more money on a top quality machine is worth the risk. This is an entry level device suitable for determining if this kind of exercise suits you.
I’m six feet tall (1.8m). Anyone much taller might not be able to get the maximum benefit from my model. The seat track is long enough for a taller person but I use just about the full chain stroke. The stated dimensions of this deal are about the same as mine.

2 Likes

Appears to be the Stamina ATS Air Rower - $299.00 (not $399.99)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GRKUCNG/

[MOD: $399 is the list price (MSRP), not the Amazon price.]

There appears to be quite a few rowers on Amazon for under $215. I can’t really tell which ones stand above the rest but the experts say to spend $800 on the gold standard and then sell it for about the same price when you’re done training. That sounds insane to me.

I have bad back and shoulder pain, wonder if this would help strengthen the area but I am out of household room right now.

Look forward to more input.

A lot of the Amazon reviews show the strap/belt starts to wear fast and doesn’t appear to be capable of holding up to longterm use. More than a few people saying it showed signs of wear after 1 use. I assume this is why there is only a 50% 5 star rating. I found a competition for only dollars more which offer resistance settings and better reviews.

For $217 (lowest price was $168 in 2018) this appears to be the best bang for your buck: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017HSNIEW appears customer service is above par and for the price it is hard to beat.

Sunny review:

Features

• Up to 8 levels of resistance, you can adjust quickly.
  • Handy LCD monitor to help you keep track of calories, time and more.
  • Anti-slip pedals are plentiful, and grip handlebars are non-slip.
  • Wheels for easy transportation are built in.
  • Powerful magnetic tension system.
  • The comfortable seat is fully padded.

Pros

• Compact and innovative design is great for those with limited space.
  • Extremely quiet during workouts.
  • The adjustable switch provides many levels of resistance.
  • They are priced much lower than most typical top-rated rowing machines.
  • Easy to assemble, fold and put away.

Cons

• Some find the monitor hard to see since the numbers are a bit small.
  • No way to track the number of meters you have rowed.
  • May not be for those who plan to have several people working out on it.

ATS review:

Features

• Wind resistance design allows users to achieve smooth, efficient and effective smooth rowing strokes.
  • A useful LCD to help track your progress.
  • Folds away neatly to save space.
  • Made of durable material designed to last.
  • 90-day parts and 3-year frame warranty.
  • Very easy to follow instructions for assembling the unit.
  • Comfortable padded seats and large footplates for all feet sizes.

Pros

• Built-in floor protectors prevent rowing machine from skidding and provide safety when working out.
  • Innovative wind resistance design renders smooth and effective rowing capabilities.
  • LCD monitor allows you to keep track of calories burned, miles rowed and much more.
  • Automatic air transfer system adjusts to your workout intensity.
  • Low impact and great for people of any age.
  • Easy to store away due to its to fold capability.

Cons

• The fan can be a bit noisy during extreme workout sessions.
  • The LCD monitor is very simple and basic.
  • No resistance setting for those who want to choose their levels of intensity.

Rowing is a great workout for a beginner or expert.

The real reason I wanted to comment is because I wanted to say that the model must have skipped leg day.

1 Like

1 Like

There’s a reason that $900 rower from C2 can re-sell for about the same as the original purchase price - quality build. I’ve got close to 5M meters on mine, it’s 3 years old, and has no wear whatsoever. Keep the chain oiled properly, clean the damper every once in a while and keep the track/rollers clean and you’re good to go.

My biggest complaint about these is how wide the foot position is making it a bit more difficult to get a good initial push with your legs. Not a big deal if you’re just in it for cardio, but if you’re used to the C2 foot position, you will not particularly enjoy this.

I didn’t notice until you pointed it out, but yeah, he must not like leg day like he likes upper body day.

Just make sure if you buy this (and use it) that you use it correctly. Basic Googling will help. 9 out of 10 people I see using a rower at the gym use it wrong. Even seasoned, fit men and women.

I came here to say the same thing. That plus editors need to ease up on the photoshop airbrushing 'cause those arms aren’t real

I had shoulder pain a while back that had lasted about a year. I started using the rowing machine st the gym 3 days a week doing about 3km each time and within a about 6 weeks the shoulder pain had gone away and never came back. It is a good option for an aerobic workout without putting stress on knees or ankles that jogging can. It also gives a good light workout for the whole body.

1 Like