VIZIO SB3651-E6 36" 5.1 SmartCast Sound Bar System

VIZIO SB3651-E6 36" 5.1 SmartCast Sound Bar System

I’ve demo’d these VIZIO sound bar systems and they put out surprisingly good, clean sound. In fact, in my opinion, equal or better sound than competitors costing as much as twice as much.

This system doesn’t result in a full surround sound experience matching true full 5.1/7.1/etc setups but that isn’t a fair comparison given the price and simplicity of this VIZIO.

I have a refurb Vizio 5.1 system that is quite similar to this and have been using it for 5 years. Been quite happy with it. Looks and works exactly like a new one.

I purchased this for the same price a few months ago. Soundbar looked brand new out of the packaging and has been working great. I haven’t been able to connect it with Bluetooth yet, but that might be an issue on my end and not the soundbar’s. Great deal and wouldn’t hesitate to purchase again.

Closest I’ve found to this price was the Holidays when Costco had a new one $50 off, which put it down to $150 new.

I’ve noticed a TON of these on here over the years. Bought one myself about 3.5 years ago and have had no issues with it. I think these are ‘factory reconditioned’ because they are Costco specific models that didn’t sell and they just re-sticker them with their own model number, making them actually brand new. Just my two cents on this mystery.

Does anyone know if this will connect with either wifi or bluetooth to broadcast what’s on the tv - or does it just receive bluetooth from a phone?

I see on the specs that it will accept input from a phone. I’m looking for a system that will broadcast to a phone or hearing aid with bluetooth or wifi. Does this one do that?

I’m pretty sure it doesn’t but maybe this will give you some ideas?

1 Like

Thank you!

I have the previous generation and bought my parents this generation, about 2 years ago with a similar refurb deal. Mine has worked great for a good 4 years now although it came fairly damaged and the front grill of the center channel is broken off and held on with tape from woot, but still works. My parents’ newer generation one quit working (subwoofer died) after a couple weeks so I had to flat out buy them another one as I bought it for xmas and woot/amazon wouldn’t accept it back as enough time had passed (>30 days). So I paid for the refurb plus the brand new one which left a bad taste in my mouth. So far I have had issues with 2 of 2 refurb vizio soundbar units from woot.

The newer generation, this one, sounds notably better than the one I have so I have always wanted to replace it with the newer version but might just pay the extra $40 to get a renewed one on Amazon and have the much better support when/if it comes damaged or broken.

By far the best sound bar for the price! I’d say it’s even nicer than the expensive ones!!!