LG SK9Y 5.1.2-Ch Soundbar w/ Subwoofer

LG SK9Y 5.1.2-Ch Soundbar w/ Subwoofer

I have the SJ5Y soundbar (the previous year’s model with less features) and LOVE it. Easy setup, worked great with both our Vizio and LG TVs (it is a bit more well-integrated with the LG TV, which is not surprising). Sounds great (we have had it installed in two quite different rooms in two different houses) with very clean room-filling sound. Plays nice with Amazon Echo over bluetooth also. If I were in need of an upgrade or new unit, I would have no qualms looking further into this unit to make sure no quality issues are being reported and basic due dilligence.

2 Likes

Question: Were you able to use one remote when paired with the Vizio, or did you have to use TV and soundbar remotes separately?

If I remember correctly, the TV remote worked the soundbar depending on how I had it connected. I first had it connected in SIMPLINK CEC mode and it worked, but I ended up changing to an optical cable instead and then it no longer did. I think I changed because I couldn’t get the sync close enough to not be distracting. unfortunately it was a while ago, so I’m not 100%. I had an older vizio with a bluetooth remote (with the slideout keyboard), so that may have had something to do with it to.

I’m telling ya, just go and buy the Vizio sub and soundbar for like 125 bucks. Best money you’ll spend. IMO. I sure I’ll get razzed for this.

1 Like

I received mine today. However the sale was for the SK9Y and instead I received a SKC9 model. Still trying to figure out if it is different in any way, or maybe just a different model # give since it is a refurb.

Hi there. We talked to our vendor. These models are the same. The SKC9 was available through Costco. The SK9Y was available through other authorized retailer.

This is pretty common in the retail markets.

Per the vendor: "they are identical models from the same production lines with the exact same looks, parts, accessories, features, specs, etc."

1 Like

Thanks for confirming that. I was somewhat worried I got shipped the wrong item.

1 Like

Mine sounds amazing. I was replacing a Sony HT-150 (for no good reason) and thought the price was pretty good considering what they sold for new and what the renewed units were going for on the mothership.
Again, fantastic sound, easy to use, pairs with my phone for music. I didn’t know I needed this but woot! told me I did. I am very happy with this purchase.

1 Like