Winix C535 True HEPA Air Cleaner

Winix C535 True HEPA Air Cleaner

I am moving into an old house . Will this help purify the air if there’s any mold ?

No, mold needs to be fixed. Probably need a dehumidifier if you are worried about mold forming.

1 Like

Bought one of these, they are amazing. The Plasma tech should take care of mold spores.

Mold issue needs to be corrected. If in a tight space a mix of Chlorox and water sprayed and then air dried with a fan.

1 Like

Bought one for new apartment. Works like a charm. Quiet unless really scrubbing. Night mode is virtually silent

Vinegar is much more effective than bleach for topical mold correction. Change the PH, and mold cannot grow. Mold will regrow on bleached surfaces. I wouldn’t rely on any air filter to resolve any mold issues in an older building. Mold is a serious health hazard.

2 Likes

What kind of vinegar? We have clay tennis courts where bleach does not do much to the moss and algae. Wonder if vinegar would do better. Thanks for any info.

This might be a stupid question, but do they come with a new filter(sealed)? Or do they dust the one in the unit and ship it?

update:
1 - True HEPA Filter (New)

It is new.

Who can I talk to about the defective item I received that was shipped back to Woot bit have yet to receive a refund??

Hi there. Reach back out to Woot Customer Service. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

I did that and all I am getting are form answers. This item was returned using the label I was sent but the only response I get is “We don’t see the item as returned”

Next step is to file a claim with my bank and let them handle it!

When did you take it to UPS? I’m not seeing any info on the tracking myself.

That’s where the problem lies, I was emailed the initial link that took me to UPS with the shipping label using USPS via Smart label to Woots Grapevine Texas center with tracking number. Which shows as delivered on the 19th Feb

420569xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Removed tracking

PS: Thanks for looking into this!

Did you use the label they provided you on 1/31 and again on 2/20? It had a different tracking number.

It was already SHIPPED! that’s the problem…

The label says WOOT going to a WOOT ship center so why is there an issue?

Well, we receive a couple hundred boxes a day so it takes a while to go through them. If you use our label, it ties it to your order.

I’m only seeing it picked up, not delivered. Let me check with someone in CS that has better tools than me.

Sounds good, remember though it shows as delivered on the 19th

My CS buddy is reaching out to you in a bit.

Ok, that works. Thanks ThunderThighs for the quick response I really appreciate it!

I responded to your colleague’s request attaching the tracking information showing it delivered on the 19th.