MAXvolador LED Flame Effect Light Bulbs

MAXvolador LED Flame Effect Light Bulbs

Got these bulbs in yesterday, and I DO NOT recommend purchasing them.
Only had a chance to test a couple, and of those, one wouldn’t work at all and both did not fit securly into the socket for some reason! The first socket I tried, neither worked. Moved to a different fixture, and only one worked. The one that did work was very loose and wouldn’t screw in securely to that socket either. They claim these are the size of standard bulbs, but I don’t know if that’s the case. Seem to be a bit smaller.
Also, they look nothing like the photo when lit. You do not see a flame effect, instead, the light is housed behind a thick white plastic that hides the “flame”. They also claim to have 4 effects to choose from. I tested that, and only found 3 effects that are distinguishable. A constant candle flicker, a solid constant glow, and a candle flicker that fades all the way down and back up again (no clue how that could be useful).
Not sure if they change direction when hanging upside down (as it claims they do), as neither worked in that socket.

I’m going to test the rest of them over the weekend, but I’m pretty sure I’m going to look into returning this if any others are bad. If not, I guess I can use them for Halloween, but I’m not impressed in the least…

1 Like

Thanks for the information. They picture make them seem really cool. But apart from what you’ve mentioned, what’s the brightness equivalent to in watts?

Specs say 150 lumens, which is low enough that standard conversion charts don’t list that for LED/incandescent equivalents–e.g., the lowest I saw was 375 lumens=6w LED.

A lumens to watts (LED) converter I used says 150 lumens = 1.67 watts

1 Like

Thanks @Tikizilla. Won’t be purchasing these.

The 4th mode is upside down mode