Jim Beam Cast Iron Wok

Jim Beam Cast Iron Wok

These photos are deceptive. This wok is quite a bit smaller than the average wok at only 10.5 inches all the way across. Those food items are clearly distorted to make the pan look bigger. I’m not a fan of these photos.

I think 10.5 inches is a perfectly decent size for a personal size wok, but these photos are deceptive. It’s half an inch wider than an average dinner plate, or just an inch and half bigger than an average omelet pan, but that doesn’t leave a lot of room for stirring unless you have a pretty small amount of food. I guarantee you they used very small pieces of broccoli, bell pepper, and garlic to make it appear bigger than it really is.

Again, I think it’s fine to have a wok in this size but not fine to use deceptive photos.

1 Like

Hi there. Thank you for the feedback. These are stock photos from the company. I see the same photos on other sites as well.

I had one of these a few years ago. They are great except for the fact that they are also heavier than the planet Mercury. That makes them hard to maneuver on teh stove and difficult to store, since they are too heavy to hang. I wound up storing it in the basement for a while and then putting it in bulk recycling. Bought a Cuisinart tri ply wok instead. Lighter and can hang on my pot rack. Lot’s more expensive, however.

Got mine. Love it! My stove is kinda weird and the flames don’t heat pans well, including cast iron.
Only one burner heats well , but the flames are too wide and only heat the sides. This wok allows me to cook more food on the sides. Also regular wok’s won’t work with an adaptor to accept the curved bottom. This one sits on my stove great.

Yes, it ain’t light but I am not pretending to be a master wok chef where I need to move the wok and make loud noises. It weighs 5lbs. Still lighter than my big cast iron pan.

Only one tiny detail. They put the product lable on the inside of the wok…I had to carefully pick the booger off so it wouldn’t get stuck.