Tang Orange Powdered Drink Mix

Tang Orange Powdered Drink Mix

Soo… Tang is on my casual shopping list, because it’s been used up.
I grew up drinking hot Tang on cold mornings, or whenever I had a sore throat, or just on cold days. (Cheaper then Hot Chocolate packets)
But I had family coming, so I made a batch of ‘Grandma’s Friendship Tea’ (which includes Tang) … and while they were here, they drank the last of the Tang too. (or maybe I drank the last of it)
…now I’m deciding whether I should keep it on my shopping list to buy one thing or just buy this 12 pack from Woot! :smile:

Never have I ever heard of HOT TANG… At least not when referring to a drink.

4 Likes

For the majority of my life, I didn’t know it could be drunk cold! (And yes, nobody else knows about drinking it hot)
I tried cold… but I’m stuck on Hot Tang!
Try it one day.
Also, when I had terrible sore throat /cough, my mother made me drink hot strawberry jello.
(I finally found a blog via Google search that recommends drinking hot flavored jello!) - to show my mommy friends that I’m not completely crazy! :rofl:

1 Like

My trick with a sore throat is Celestial Seasonings Tension Tamer Tea. It’s not for sore throats at all, but the mix seems to work. lemon peppermint…

Tang was our college days go-to to make potent screwdrivers. Why dilute perfectly good cheap vodka with orange juice. Take a slug of vodka out of a pint bottle, top it off with Tang powder, cap it, shake well. Bingo . Potent, tasty screwdrivers. And on that note, senior citizen me will be ordering this just because I always liked the taste.

3 Likes

Overpriced. Amazon had 12 pack of 26.2oz for $15 in January. Be careful with the expiration dates. Mine expire in June meaning you have 6 months to drink 300+ oz of tang powder.

It was $13.70 in November.

1 Like

Sounds like my family’s “Hot Tea” mix. Tang, a bit of lemonade, tea, etc.

1 Like

Can you provide the expiration date and where it was made?

This is from amazon inventory so we don’t have that info. Amazon is usually pretty good at destroying expired goods though so you should be alright.

If there’s an issue though, reach out to Woot Customer Service.

You may want to check that date again. Tang does not have an “expiration date,” it just says “Best when used by.” Considering that it is mostly sugar and citric acid, I wouldn’t worry too much about expiration, That stuff will be good for years and years.

1 shot of vermouth
(Roughly 1") Orange juice in a pint glass
Fill the rest of the pint glass with Bud Light.

BAM Alcoholic Tang.

1 Like

That is fair and true. It’s a good thing too because I’ve only been able to drink 1 container so far. I took a bunch to work for my coworkers to enjoy.

Woot should sell this in a tin with their flying monkeys

“oh ee oh ah ah tin tang”

Yes, considering the stuff is basically sugar - I think the worst to worry about is waking up one morning, finding out you need to put on your hardhat, safety glasses, and pull out your pickaxe, (spoon, folk, etc) and hum “Heigh-Ho” while chipping out enough Tang to make your morning cup of Tang.
-Due to high humidity or being in your cupboard for a long time makes it clump. (the clumpies that you dig out are still delicious)… (and also still makes a good Hot cup of Tang!)!