Silhouette Cameo 4

Silhouette Cameo 4

Ooh! This gives me hope. I have a Cameo 3 and would like to get this one but I’m holding out for the 15” or 20” cutter that is coming out soon. Seeing a 4 on Woot makes me happy because maybe, just maybe they’ll get the bigger ones later on. This machine is still pretty new and highly recommended over anything Cricut for those in the market.

1 Like

Does this have all four cutting blades or does it have one cutting blade and three canisters to hold the other three blades you buy?

In the box:

• (1) Silhouette Cameo 4 (Black)
  • (1) Power cable & USB cable
  • (1) 12-inch Cutting Mat
  • (1) AutoBlade
  • (1) Silhouette Studio® software (download)
  • (1) 100 exclusive designs (download)
  • (1) 1-month Silhouette Design Store subscription (available with tool registration)

Sweet deal on a sweet machine. Lots of small and not-so-small improvements over the previous generations, I really like bluetooth, much increased force as well as material thickness capability, automatic tool recognition…
And it regularly goes for $300 so don’t hesitate. You can do so many things with this machine! Greeting cards, vinyl decals, stencils for all sorts of art projects, rhinestones… Look up the print and cut feature and PixMat. I’ve even used it in conjunction with my embroidery machine software to do appliqué. If you’re the creative/crafty type this machine is great!

Mrs. oppyland had the original Cricut and the smaller Silhouette Portrait, and I picked this one up last time it was listed for her birthday. She really likes it far better than the others, and she hasn’t found any reason (so far) to buy any of the other accessories - I’m sure that’ll change.

Will this cut Saran Wrap ???

1 Like

What does one do with the cut-out material? What hobby does this facilitate?

1 Like

Can you do custom shapes with the software included, or do you need to buy extra software?

The Cameo Plus (15") is already out.

The software is called Design Studio which you can download for free from the Silhouette website. It is a basic software but you can upgrade

You can make tshirts, signs, greeting cards, and a million other things. I’ve used mine to make stencils for glass etching.

So, if I wanted to make a graphic or letter sign out of vinyl adhesive type, it could do that? Like a graphic for a boat name and be able to apply?

Yep. perfect for cutting out vinyl.

If it were the pink one, I wouldn’t have been able to stop myself

You can also cut many fabrics. You can use the autoblade, but it is better to purchase the rotary blade. I can whip out facemasks like crazy!