LG SK9Y 5.1.2-Ch Soundbar w/ Subwoofer

LG SK9Y 5.1.2-Ch Soundbar w/ Subwoofer

I bought this a few weeks ago here on woot! and am very pleased with this sound bar. It replaced an old Sony HT-150 - which was fine but this 500-watt LG is 10 years newer and the sound stage it creates is fantastic.

I had been thinking about getting the wireless rear speakers but have found there’s no reason. It really doesn’t need them.

I have this in my man-cave/office hooked up via HDMI to an old Samsung 50" plasma TV. I can perceive subtle ATMOS effects from time to time but mostly it’s an excellent 3.1 setup.

For this price (I think they originally sold for like $800-$900 bucks) you can’t go wrong. Mine also looks and works brand new.

3 Likes

I have purchased 2 of these re-furbs and had to return both, as the wireless subwoofer would not pair with the sound bar on either one, even after spending hours on the phone/online with LG tech support & their many forums. :cry:

There’s your problem. You called Samsung for a LG product.

3 Likes

I too bought one of these a couple weeks ago and this is $5 cheaper :-/

I will echo the above comment in that this is a very competent setup when a full speaker is impractical or unwanted. This replaced a SK6Y for us and is a significant upgrade (which I am pleased about). The sub is noticeably bigger.

I will say that mine did not come in brand new condition. The shipping container was perfect so it didn’t occur during transit. I know that sometimes Woot sells Scratch/Dent but this was not the case for my purchase. Thankfully when I contacted Woot they came through and gave me a partial refund for my troubles. The damage was only cosmetic and the refund more than made up for my OCD going off every time I see it (which is rare since you can only see it from close up and when viewing the top).

If I had the need I wouldn’t think twice about getting another one.

Oops, LG! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Returning mine…was missing mounting brackets, remote, optical cable, and power cable for sub. Sounds wasn’t great either…really no bass for having a huge sub…not sure why. They offered 50$ off for the missing parts mehhhhhhhh