Echo Dot (3rd Gen) - Smart speaker with Alexa

Echo Dot (3rd Gen) - Smart speaker with Alexa

I realize the world knows about these and you either like the idea or you don’t. I like the idea and have really enjoyed having them in the house. The dot has great sound quality for the size of it. I have one in each bedroom and it’s a great and easy way to set alarms, ask for the weather and news while getting ready, listen to music, and even use it as an intercom. My daughter uses it every night to listen to music when going to bed, and we take advantage of the function to “turn off in 20 minutes” so the music doesn’t play all night.

You can go beyond the basic capabilities, but I am weary of putting too many smart devices/utilities/switches in my house for the shear volume of signals. Otherwise, the Echo has given us a great amount of hands free abilities to make the morning rush easier. The only downside are the huge number of apps and having to remember the voice commands to use them. Many of them are not well engineered and need exact language to turn them on.

1 Like

Come on Woot that price is too high. These were BRAND NEW priced at $22.00 before Christmas with full one year warranty. No you ask us to pay $25.00 used with a 90 day warranty? NO THANKS

1 Like

Did they change the sale? It does say it’s a 90-day warranty, but at the moment, the condition is ‘New’.

I have several of these and they do a real good job of picking up requests and the sound is pretty good. The Echo Shows I bought a few months ago have a real problem picking up ‘Alexa’ on the first try and the sound is just so-so…Not sure the video screen was worth the change.

These are new condition with a 90 day Amazon warranty. The warranty has always been 90 days and is 90 days on Amazon site as well.

Why did your website have me go through ordering, say my order was placed, only to then tell me it was sold out? Normally you seem much more on the ball and if it is indeed sold out, then list that and maybe do not even let people order!?

Not sure about exactly when you got the message. There can be multiple people ordering at the same time. If the item is near sell out, then some may get a sold out message.

If it was near midnight CT, then it’s possible the sale ended.