Samsung 12.2" FHD LTE Chromebook Plus

Samsung 12.2" FHD LTE Chromebook Plus

So what pen is compatible since none comes with the product?

Anyone know if android apps work on this one?

From what I read, you can run Android apps. Just requires a download from the Play store.

UPDATE: Our vendor just confirmed that the Pen in INCLUDED. No need to shop for a replacement.

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/computing-accessories/computers/digitizer-pen-for-samsung-chromebooks-aa-pp1c9ss-us/

Google Results for AA-PP1C9SS/US

It says the stylus pen is included…

So is this a V2 or older V1?

anyone know about using this on a carrier other than verizon? there’s quite a lot of mixed messages online, from it definitely doesn’t work elsewhere to it’s already unlocked and can be used anywhere.

2 Likes

I thought I read the pen was NOT included? Perhaps they changed the info!

Amazon has it for 239 so no need to make a quick decision about it. $10 discount not much of a deal.

1 Like

Good to know if any other LTE carriers can be used such as Sprint, T-Mobile and US Cellular of the Google Fi service.

1 Like

This is the V2 version with the 1080 screen. The V1 version had 2400x1600 resolution and was MUCH better.

FWIW, here is a late 2018 announcement that Samsung opened up the LTE Chromebook Plus to carriers other than VZ. No details as to whether that meant other SKUs or radio firmware or what.

1 Like

I think it may work now on any carrier. Comments I’m seeing that say it didn’t work are from some years ago while recent ones say it does. Here’s an answer from a Best Buy customer 3 months ago, based on a search of the model # listed in this sale:

“Best answer: Yes , it comes with Verizon Sim Card but you can use also other Carrier’s sim coz it’s unlocked as I tried it with T-mobile and GoogleFi without problem using internet data with it @4G.”

Is this locked to a carrier or unlocked? I want to use this internationally.

Your link does not say Samsung opened up this Chromebook to other carriers. it simply announces the release to two LTE MOBILE DEVICES! Reading is fundamental !

Don’t see it for that price at Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WSHM5PV/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

From Q&A on Amazon to seller dated March 12, 2020
Question:

Can i use this with t-mobile lte?

Answer:

As mentioned in the listing title of the product it is locked to the Verizon network
By CellCow Certified Refurbished SELLER on March 12, 2020:

Amazon question on this was answered March 12, 2020. The answer : LOCKED TO VERIZON.
Question:

Can i use this with t-mobile lte?

Answer:

As mentioned in the listing title of the product it is locked to the Verizon network
By CellCow Certified Refurbished SELLER on March 12, 2020
: