Sierra Modern Home Speaker Table w/ Qi Charging

Sierra Modern Home Speaker Table w/ Qi Charging

If by “modern” you mean straight out of the sixties, then… yeah… ok… sure.

3 Likes

It’s just what’s in right now, it is a style of furniture called Mid-century Modern, it was popular in the 1960s but is back in style now. Hope you liked it though, I think it’s pretty cool!

5 Likes

Received as a gift. Great audio, until the battery dies and it no longer works after a few uses. Will not charge. Appears the battery is required to power on. Dead. Done. Fin. Don’t buy. :-1:

1 Like

I have had no problem at all with it, but I always keep it plugged in.

That is straight-up ugly, no wonder it’s on sale.

1 Like

Different styles for different people. Don’t hate.

3 Likes

I wish the charging point was not dead-center in the middle of the table, probably where a lamp would go. One charger on each front corner would make more sense for me.

I tend to resist the “everything much be everything” trend in general. It leads to greater landfill use. I have a Stickley end table that they can fight over after I’m dead. Spend more, less often.

I purchased 2 and both died on me as well. The Woot return went very smooth :slight_smile: but be sure yours works before the warranty is void otherwise you may have just purchased a good looking table that does not have sound or charging station.

So, you saying there is no convenient way to get to the internals of this table to fix or replace the non functioning batteries?
No wonder it is so cheap.

Oh… I totally like, dig the sixties man :peace_symbol:

It always annoys me that they photoshop out the power cable for stuff like this. Wonderful, clean aesthetic. Please ignore the power brick on the floor behind it.

This style was the late 1940s into the 1950s not the 1960s. And it is ugly.

There, I fixed it! The device is powered by the battery, not the adapter. I took the battery out and bypassed the power to the battery input. Unfortunately, I had to destroy the box, due to nails and glue. So, I rebuilt the box. You can see I am not too handy with the router - haha. Clicks a few times when plugged in while the capacitors charge. Otherwise, good as new! Sounds great.

1 Like