Olympia Provisions Sweetheart Hams,

Olympia Provisions Sweetheart Hams,

$58 for 2 1/2 pounds of ham. That’s over $23 a pound for ham. I thought price gouging was illegal, especially during a crisis.

Hi there. Please, if you’re going to accuse us of something, make sure you know what the term means.

“Price gouging is a term that refers to the practice of raising the price of goods, services, or commodities, to an unreasonable or unfair level.” —https://legaldictionary.net/price-gouging/

These hams are at least $50 each on the Olympia Provisions site. You’re getting two of them which means over $100. We’re charging $57. Point out the price gouging, please?

I know it’s cool to go around saying that term a lot right now but it’s not cool to do it when it’s not true. It’s a very serious charge. Do your research, pls.

9 Likes

Oh, so I shouldn’t go to every post and say it’s price gouging? There goes that idea.

1 Like

This is actually a steal according to what they normally sell it for on their website, almost half price. Accusing someone of price gouging without doing research and backing up your numbers makes you look like the ham. Except you’re a cheap ham. :unamused:

2 Likes

And they’re great for salad!

2 Likes

TT, are they 2x 1.75lb (listed in the title), 2x 2.5lb (listed in the feature) or possibly 2.5lb total weight (in the specs tab)?

Having an easter ham come to me sounds fantastic, and i love Olympia Provisions a lot. Wish the Olympics wouldn’t have sued and they could have their previous name, but who’s keeping score…

2 Likes

Thank you for the callout. We’ve updated the red box to state 2 x 1.75lb hams. :slight_smile:
Enjoy!

2 Likes

Thanks!! In for one set.

Delivery of meats during THIS? Heck yeah!

3 Likes

I recognize these are probably darn good hams. I hope people aren’t going to be surprised and shocked at how little a 2# ham is. Wait, TWO 2# hams. :smiley:

1 Like

Naw, I understand the size I’m getting. I like Olympia Provisions’ pickled products, so I’ll take a stab at this. I’m also not in the PDX area to possibly get one cheaper at the store. It’s all in balance.

2 Likes

I bought these last time they were offered and they were delicious. Olympia Provisions can do no wring. I’ll probably order more tonight.

These would be great if you got what was advertised. It says 2 1.75 lbs hams. I got a 1.2 and 1.6.

20% less product at this price is ridiculous. These things are tiny.

I’m sorry about that. Make sure you reach out to Woot Customer Service. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

I have an even bigger gripe, but it’s along the same line. I HATE NINJA EDITS!

When I first ordered, the write up said two 2.5 pound hams (in fact it still says that in one place) and then it was edited to say two 1.75 hams (and they are actually 1.6 pounds, even smaller than the edit change said).

Why can’t we be notified when a change in copy is made? That way, maybe we could change our order, or at least expect that we are not getting what we ordered?

This order, I’m really disappointed in. I now have almost two pounds less of ham for Easter dinner.

1 Like

Hi there. I’m very sorry. The red box was updated to match the title. Please reach out to Woot Customer Service. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

This is your standard “I am sorry” answer, and yes, I am going to contact Customer Service. But I’m asking, why can’t we be notified, by email, when a major change in the product’s copy is made? And I do consider this to be a major change.

1 Like

We do contact customers if it changes the sale significantly. In this case, we [perhaps mistakenly] thought it was a clarification of existing information. You can see above where the question was asked and I answered.

I usually follow the threads, but I didn’t this time and it came as quite a surprise to me. But what about the customers who don’t follow the threads. Is this fair to them?

I’m sorry to be so argumentative about this, but this really was a major change from the original write-up and it kind of screws up Easter dinner.

OK, I’ve got that out of my system and I’ve contacted CS. I do wish you a happy Easter, TT, and hope you don’t have to put up with more grumps like me.

1 Like

I really apologize. We thought it was a clarification more than a change. That was our mistake.

2 Likes