HP 32s IPS Display

HP 32s IPS Display

A pretty sharp looking monitor. I opened the box to see it either packed incorrectly or it got jostled too much during shipping, either way it wasn’t a good look to see this thin monitor hugging the corner of the box outside of the foam padding.

During assembly i noticed the corner plastic molding was popping out on the same corner that was hugging the box. When I powered it on I could see a warping/distortion on the screen where the plastic was warped, on the bottom-right side.

Here is a white framed picture that shows the issue more clearly.

Ignoring the unfortunate defect; the screen size, quality, and thinness for $150 is pretty great. I emailed Woot customer support, so let’s see what happens.

1 Like

Thats a steal on a 32 IPS, hope you get it sorted.

Update: I received feedback very quickly from woot support, but it went into my spam folder along with the 300 newsletters i get from them each day. After unsubbing from all of the woot newsletters, hopefully their future replies go to my inbox.

They gave me 3 options: deal with and receive further discount, return for full refund (they pay shipping back), or check if the monitor vendor has additional stock to replace it with.

I chose to return for a full refund. The image retention on this monitor was pretty bad. After about 5mins of walking away from my pc and coming back, my desktop background was “ghosted” on the monitor. I had to power it off for about 10-15mins to clear it out. I don’t know if this is par for the course on this monitor, all IPS displays, or just because it was damaged.

After doing some more research, I could snag a little nicer monitor with more HDMI inputs for not much more money. If you’re looking for a good cheap IPS, this is it.

2 Likes

Got this monitor from Woot! last week. The base had a couple of scratches that ended up behind the monitor once assembled.
Monitor itself is in good shape both cosmetically and operationally. I like the resolution and clarity.
I use the HDMI on home PC and the VGA with work laptop when telecommuting.
Happy with this purchase for sure!

I see the specs say NO vesa mount. Images of the back (on other sites) seem to show some vesa looking holes? I have seen this same model on other sites with an vesa adapter. Can anyone confirm this monitor has that adapter?

2 Likes

I’v had this monitor now for a little over a week. Arrived quite quickly, and was properly packed with no damage (sorry @ Kmylett, that sucks). Running VGA off my laptop, upgrading from a 24" LG since I’m WFH for the foreseeable future.

First- holy crud this thing is HUGE!!! Compared to my old 24", its a much sharper picture, great viewing angles, and great color representation. Laptop monitors settings limit it some what, if I had an HDMI out on my docking station I am sure i could get the resolution higher. In any case, for $150, this is a good deal.

I just bought one. Please send me one in good condition. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi there. These refurbished monitors do not include the VESA adapter.

I recommended this to a new wooter and the monitor arrived with burnt pixels. I suppose I should ask her to reach out to woot

Definitely suggest that she reach out to Woot Customer Service. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

So, I’ve googled around this and never found a good answer: What’s the advantage of buying a monitor vs. just a 32" 1080p tv? I’ve seen some mentions of potentially better viewing angles and perhaps lower brightness in a monitor, but what am I missing?

2 Likes

Depends what you’ll be using it for. An IPS monitor like this should theoretically have wide viewing angles with deep, accurate colors that won’t be altered when viewed at different angles. That said, it may not be best for fast moving things like movies or video games. The refresh rate here isn’t great and could be prone to motion blur. Also doesn’t include built-in speakers nor a TV tuner, so if you want those things the choice is pretty easy.

1 Like