Craftsman 19.2V Li-Ion Drill/Driver Kit

Craftsman 19.2V Li-Ion Drill/Driver Kit

Remember when the name Craftsman meant something? This drill is no better than some piece of crap Harbor Freight disposable drill.

1 Like

That was long ago my friend, but I do remember. Right along with Die hard, Kenmore, and Zenith… I think I just showed my age… Oops… Glory days

1 Like

Twice the price of that Harbor Freight crap though. :rofl:

So what’s good these days? I just had a cordless drill burn out (overheats after about a minute of use) after just a year of light use. Some no-name brand I got from a promotional catalog. Are there any quality brands left?

If you’re looking for quality I’d say Milwaukee or DeWalt are still decent but they do come with a price tag. Light duty stuff is pretty much interchangeable in my opinion.

1 Like

elasticmedia…I have to disagree with you and your comparison of this Craftsman drill and Harbor Freights. This was one of the last Craftsman power tools I bought before switching over to Ryobi 18v tools. I will say that the non Lithium batteries that came with the Craftsman were crap and both were dead after only using them maybe 3 times in a year ! That was over 15 years ago and the drill is still going strong. It turns out that at the time most of Craftsman’s cordless tools were made by Ryobi. In fact I use my Ryobi Lithium 18v batteries to power my 19.2 Craftsman drill. Now they did move the location of the post coming out of the top of the battery but that was an easy work around…I will try and post a photo. I used these tools in my business before retiring and yet all of my Ryobi tools are still in service. And yes I own Milwaukee, DeWalt, Bosh, Porter Cable and other brands of power tools but I switched the bulk of my purchases to Ryobi for two reasons .The cost of their Lithium batteries and the fact that Ryobi makes over 125 different tools that use the same Ryobi 18v Lithium battery !

Looks like my Craftsman 19.2v drills are at my shop but here is a photo of my Craftsman 18v drill being powered by one of my Ryobi 18v Lithium batteries. I use one of those elastic wristbands to hold the battery on place since the latches don’t line up.