Canon EOS 5DS Digital SLR (Body Only)

Canon EOS 5DS Digital SLR (Body Only)

Can anyone tell me if this is legit? I understand it is refurbished but $2k + off list seems way too good to be true. Has anyone had experience dealing with DSLR purchases or other high-end electronics relating to legitimacy, warranties, returns, etc? I would like to pull the trigger but again, it does seem a bit too good to be true. Thank you.

It’s legit. From one of our vendor. Warranty is stated at the bottom of the features. You have a 30-day return period:

Here’s our return policy:

Hello, can you tell me who did the refurbishing, and how many activations the camera has?

It’s refurbished by one of our vendors. I don’t have information on activations - it could vary unit to unit.

You do have a 30-day return period if you’re unhappy with it.

Here’s our return policy:

Can you tell me if this is a USA model, meant to be sold to US consumers, or an imported model? I’m not concerned as much with the 30 day warranty as whether Canon USA will repair it if something goes wrong past the 30 day coverage.

Thanks!

Sure is.

Wow. Sorry. It was right in front of me. Thank you for your quick reply!

1 Like

well, just received it and I’m pretty sure it’s not US model (all materials are in Chinese first and power adapter was made for non-US plg)

It most definitely does not appear to be a US model. The CD with software/manual and all of the accessories (like back of the battery and charger) are all in Chinese. It is missing the US Warranty card with verifiable serial number. So not only are you getting a refurb, but you are getting an international refurb that you may have difficulty servicing. Not a big deal if you know what you are getting into, and it explains the cost savings. It is however, very frustrating when Woot pulls a “bait and switch” and advertises it as a ‘US Model’ when it is not.

The warranty is a 90 day Woot warranty, not a Canon warranty.

But that doesn’t excuse the model.

If you haven’t yet, please contact Woot Customer Service for assistance. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form . In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Reading what some of you have to say makes me a little concerned also. It definitely says US MODEL in the description. I have seen these elsewhere from other vendors for sale in the same price range and they all say US model and are priced pretty much the same. As another individual said before it really doesn’t make much difference as long as there is a warranty and that this is the exact same model that is sold in the United States. Can somebody from WOOT clarify this for me? Again as long as it is refurbished and has a u.s. warranty I am okay with that.

Dear Woot Customer Service, What up with people saying they get this camera and it’s not the US model as advertised? Thanks.

Hi all. We’re checking with the vendor. At this point, what I’ve heard is that the accessories (battery & charger) are Canon but may not be USA Canon. The camera, however, is the USA model.

We’re asking for more clarification.

Update: ^^ This has been confirmed.

If you’re unhappy with the item, please reach out to Woot Customer Service. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. Mine is arriving Monday and I feel more comfortable knowing the camera is a USA model. The 90 day WOOT warranty is good for me, never had issues with their warranty.

Mine just showed up this morning. It looks brand new in the original Canon box.

There is a disclaimer sticker on the bottom of the box basically stating that it is a gray market product in so many words. I have bought quite a few gray market products over the years from major manufacturers and then never had a problem. if I handed you this camera body and the box it came in and you would swear it was brand new right from the local camera shop. Did I mention the beautiful embroidered camera strap that comes with it just like any other Canon you would buy.

I charged the battery which is made by Canon with the made by Canon charger and have been testing it out. all I can say is this is one fantastic camera body.

Woot’s 90 day warranty is fine with me. I have never had a Canon product either new or gray markets that has caused me any issues. So far this camera body has produced some outstanding images.

I’m sure it’s going to be confiscated in about a half hour so that we can eat dinner but then I’ll go back to testing a little more. Seriously it is just like buying it at the local camera shop but the local camera shop charges almost three times what WOOT does.

The sticker is put there to speak on the accessories since there is no way to confirm they are USA versions.

Forgot to put this in my previous post: the camera has 27 shutter clicks as of today. I believe that most of those were me playing around after I received the camera. I wish I had looked the day it arrived, it probably had single digit counts :slight_smile: All the accessories are genuine Canon, I could not be more pleased. The shutter count as of tonight is 119 and I have some beautiful shots, the resolution is awesome, even better than I expected. Tomorrow we test video. My 7D and 6D will retire now to the “Spares” shelf in my camera cabinet.

1 Like

Are there gonna be anymore of these at some point? Garage Sale/Woot-off???