SQUIRREL IN THE TREE

SQUIRREL IN THE TREE

1 Like

Can someone explain how this works? It looks like a figurine of a squirrel that has been drawn and quartered, but the name suggests if correctly deployed in a tree it will be decorative (ā€œmagicalā€) rather than disturbing. It might even make your ash tree more prickly!

2 Likes

Wow, no pictures of it in use anywhere. You put the parts on the tree and it looks like a squirrel is peeking out of your tree.

1 Like

Iā€™m stumped

1 Like

???

2 Likes

Had to google ā€œtree hugging squirrelā€

2 Likes

AHA! GOOD WORK BOTH OF YOU!

2 Likes

Aw man, now Iā€™m hungry for squirrel partsā€¦

3 Likes
3 Likes

well, now I have to give up squirrel lunches AND my Iā€™m ā€˜Madā€™ for Squirrels tee shirt :frowning: just great

3 Likes

Ahhhh that is a squirrel literally embedded in a treeā€™s trunk! :flushed:

Maybe out of concern for the effect on property value of making public an image of a tree on your land in the process of birthing a squirrel, Xenomorph-style?

If he looked a little less cute and friendly, this would actually be a pretty cool idea for freaking out trespassers at the tree line. He needs fangs!

Itā€™s still cute and cuddly.

4 Likes

Itā€™s the squirrel of Caerbannog, run awaaaaaaay

In all seriousness, I wonder how real squirrels (territorial little buggers) would respond to this. Might be amusing to watch them fight the ā€˜intruderā€™ or worthwhile if it makes them move on to less-crowded areas - and gardens!

I doubt it. They are pretty good about know dead from alive. Unless itā€™s a sculpture of an owl or hawkā€¦ or snake, maybe
Fun fact. I can make a sound that sounds like squirrel territorial chatter. Had a squirrel in a graveyard really poā€™d at me.

Have now tried two plastic hawks, one very realistic rubber snake, three dozen bamboo skewers, and a half dozen pepper & marigold plants. Only reaction has been to the plants, but that reaction was to tear up their leaves and literally SIT ON THEM while eating the tastier stuff. Afraid that if I tried predator urine, it would only deter me.

The next time Woot has an outdoor, motion-activated wireless camera for reasonably cheap, I think Iā€™mma start building a weaponized autonomous guard turretā€¦

Try Cayenne pepper. LOL