Fingertip Pulse Oximeter

Fingertip Pulse Oximeter

How would we know this one is accurate? Can’t find reviews on this…

Why I’m concerned: https://www.lifebox.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/The-Accuracy-of-6-Inexpensive-Pulse-Oximeters.pdf

2 Likes

Amazon charges one dollar less.

Notice it has a horizontal reading screen. Unusual IMO and intended to make it easier to use. I just found the FDA notice on this. It doesn’t say much but shows th company was seeking FDA insight last fall:

This price is not correct. You can buy these at half this price every day.

I bought one of these off Amazon two years ago and it was nine or ten dollars with a lightning deal. It’s a shame because of covid-19 People are charging outrageous prices for these little gadgets.

1 Like

Details! We want details!

As I found one for slightly less on Amazon proper, I kept on looking and picked one up elsewhere for 30 percent less. That’s what Woot gets for not responding, and I’ll be surprised if this gets posted for a significant period of time.

I bought this oxygen/pulse meter and I am happy with it. Finicky when you push the power button because it becomes a menu button after it comes on. I need to read the instructions that came with it. I cannot attest how accurate the oxygen meter is but the pulse meter matched my Apple Watch pulse indication exactly. I bought it because I heard that if you get the flu, a sign of pneumonia is if your oxygen levels get in the 60’s you should go to the hospital.

Pay attention to the expected delivery dates for the cheap ones on Amazon, many are being drop-shipped from China and take a long time for delivery. I ordered one in mid-April and it finally arrived today.