Apple iPad Pro (2018) 12.9" Tablets

Apple iPad Pro (2018) 12.9" Tablets

able to purchase applecare for this model? doesn’t look like it was refurbished by apple . can woot clarify?

I have never seen a refurbished product on Woot that was eligible for Applecare. I’m not even sure if there has ever been anything on Woot that was eligible.

Based on the lots of other Apple products with a giant box that says “This product was refurbished by Apple …” it is probably safe to say it was refurbished by someone else.

1 Like

It would be great to know if this is a 3rd party that refurbished or refurbished by Apple. As we probably all know, the Apple refurbished is extensive, with new outer casing and battery; which makes the product perform and act like new. But with 3rd party refurbish companies, it’s hard to say what was damaged and replaced.

Description does not say who refurbished these and to what extent. This is an essential information without which a proper decision cannot be made. Whoever buys these without this crucial info need their judgement evaled by a professional.

1 Like

Description does say product comes with “Woots Limited 90 Day Warranty”. Their limited warranty page is pretty specific about saying if the product came with another warranty, including manufacturers, it would be listed. I would say its safe to assume this product was not refurbished by Apple and will not include Apple Care but you do have 90-Days to return it to Woot! if you dont find the condition satisfactory.

I’ve never seen a Woot sale eligible for AppleCare. The Apple products that are Apple refurbs have a 1-yr warranty, not 90 days. If it’s 90 days, it’s 3rd-party.

As others have noted, Apple refurbs have a new battery and a new case, and are for all intents and purposes, like new. 3rd party refurbs have none of that, and are a total grab bag, since we aren’t even told who is the 3rd party.

The pricing seems good, but, it’s a total crapshoot.

Why do all you dopes post the same question? I suspect you all know the answer. If you’re that much of a fanboi go buy a new one.

1 Like

Hey all.

Refubished products on Woot mean that it’s done by a 3rd parth.

It would be listed as Factory Reconditioned if it were done by the manufacturer.

Apple does not offer AppleCare on 3rd party refurbished product. That’s their policy.

“Refurbished” covers everything from buyers’ remorse returns and products whose defects have been repaired by the pros to damaged packaging and discontinued items. If you can accept their checkered past, refurbs have a lot of love to give.

A “factory reconditioned” item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It’s as close to new as you can get without technically being “new”.