Aduro U-Clean UV Sanitizing Wand

Aduro U-Clean UV Sanitizing Wand

This isn’t have UV-C works. Stop falling for overpriced gimmicks for cleaning. There has not been a single piece of scientific lab study to support UV-C as an everyday cleaning method. The amount of HOURS it takes to effectively clean with UV-C would make this entire product useless.

This argument doesn’t even take into the fact that UVC is extremely harmful.

2 Likes

Unless you want this for a ultraviolet light bulb that will make any florescent clothing you have a bit more exciting, this thing is a waste of money. Seriously, do not buy it.

Reference the prior discussion from the “UVClean+ Portable Instant UV Sterilizing Wand” for more information.

2 Likes

Everything I’m reading says that UVC works to disinfect. Too many sources saying so and there are some video’s by Youtube scientists/engineers showing how UVC kills bacteria on a petri dish. I don’t doubt UVC but I understand why people don’t believe it. Its not wet and doesn’t feel any different after exposure. The real problem is you just can’t trust these consumer products. UVC meters/testers are very expensive and there are so many fake UVC products.

The white or normal looking LED’s seem like an easy way to spot a fake. The ones with the gold/bronze metal casing LED’s are a bit harder to determine authenticity. I know the bulb based ones are hard to tell also. This Aduro has a picture where there’s a chance these have real UVC LED’s but you never know what you get. I wish there was someone who listed the authentic ones with a proper reading from a UVC meter.

Yes UVC is dangerous and can cause harm. Maybe a wand is a bad idea.

If anyone has good information, I hope you share it. Not just all the naysayers that tend to show up in online discussions.

3 Likes