HP 14" Intel Dual-Core 128GB SSD Notebook

HP 14" Intel Dual-Core 128GB SSD Notebook

Got mine, identical to this one delivered today and it has the wrong windows 10 version in it (pro), therefore will not activate with the license that is pre-loaded. Called HP and they say this unit has no warranty and was not refurbed by them. DO NOT BUY!

1 Like

The warranty is to the retailer until you register it with HP. It is factory reconditioned.

Sorry they wouldn’t help you.

Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

I’ll revise my post if the warranty is there after i register it. I have reloaded the OS to the windows 10 home and it activated properly. Little P-O’d earlier after being on chat, hold, phone, hold, phone, hold with HP to be told not their problem.

Thanks for the information.

1 Like

Yes…same thing happened to me. The entire OS is awful. I called Microsoft Support and activated the Windows 10 Pro version…but could not drag and drop or resize open tabs. The OS is defective and seems to be stuck in tablet mode. I’m trying to get a refund.

Sadly, the same issue here… Pro installed with a Home license.

Well crap. I’m sorry. Reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

I bought this as a gift for my daughter-in-law and didn’t realize I had purchased a BOC instead until tonight! Shoulda checked the forum. Let’s see what customer service says before I share any further pangs of guilt and remorse.

@ThunderThighs,
considering purchasing. Has this been addressed?

The vendor got a small number of laptops from HP that were imaged incorrectly. We think they’re cycled through now.

1 Like

Mmmm, no.
“We found a Windows 10 Home Digital License for this device running Windows 10 Pro.”

Now, what is it I do to fix this? (sorry - using my husband’s account.)

Sorry! Register your computer with HP and then see if they can help you unlock it.

If that doesn’t work, it probably means returning it. :sob: